ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pops and bangs...

Clio 182 2005
I can see this has been done here before but just after some quick advice. Had my 182 for a couple of months. It has a full stainless decat exhaust and pops mega loud when I let off at higher revs. I don't like it, I know it's not good and I want to remedy it! I have no evidence of a remap or anything and I can't get hold of the last owner anymore... What's the best option to sort it? I have the cat in the shed so could refit that. Or would it make sense to get a tuner look at it?
Cheers

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's probably an RS Tuner map. Since they lock the maps these days some tuners struggle to take it off.

Your easiest solution is probably to buy an RS Tuner and load the normal non-chav map.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounds normal to me tbh. The pops and bangs map is ludicrous. Honestly has me in stitches on track days when someone goes past with it! It sounds like a couple of bangs a second.

Both of mine pop and bang on a hard drive and have standard mapping but with decats.

Clio 182 2005
Ah OK thanks for the advice, someone did tell me they thought it'd be normal. I just don't want to do my engine any damage! I've got a slightly lumpy idle too. Do you reckon that's from the decat also?

Mine sounds like it has a pop and bang map when on cold start at low revs.thank God it stops after 2 mins.