ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche boxster seats in an mk1!N

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Hello guys.

I am happy to finally say, I have managed to put Porsche Boxster electric and heated seats in my mk1! (sort of)

So the story goes like this.. My old daily car (Porsche boxster 986 S) is currently being sold for parts, due to a pretty bad accident I had some months ago.. SO! I figured, why not have the same comfort I had in the Boxster, in my(currently building) Mk1 clio?

HELL YEAH!

After a lot of lost hours and curses to figure out the schematic of the electrics on the seat, I figured out which wires power the up and down movement of the backrest, and the heating.
ELECTRICS SORTED!

Then, after a lot of DAYS measuring,drilling, welding holes, re-drilling, welding holes, drilling again etc... i finally figured out how to mount them in!
PHYSICS SORTED!

Now, in the pictures below they are not fixed,because i figured that its better to take a picture while the sunlight still shines on them, because i would not finish that fast.. but you will get the idea.. oh before you ask, I WILL put the other seat in too, its just the fact that it took me a lot of time to figure how to fix this one, the next one will be in soon!

Here you go, tell me what you think!

IMAG0795.jpg
IMAG0794.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cool idea, and clearly better than the clio seats..

Just look a bit out of place!