ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche Cayman appreciation thread.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
techart-porsche-cayman-s-7278.jpg

10703-2006-Porsche-Cayman.jpg

porsche-cayman-2007.jpg

PorscheCayman.jpg

2009-porsche-cayman.jpg

Porsche_Cayman.jpg

2007-Porsche-Cayman-911-Turbo-015.jpg

Love these cars. People can say they are a cheap mans porsche and not as great as a 911. I have to disagree. Many journos etc think it is the best car porsche make.

Hopefully one day i'll be able to buy one :cool:

Slightly off topic, but this months EVO has an article on a F360 vs the new Boxster Spyder. Good read!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
An old work colleague of mine had an s with the ceramic brake upgarde. Awesome car.

sweet, the one you posted up looks awesome, i was kinda against those type of more ''old man'' type colours but it looks great.

Would you take on over a Carrera 4s?

Yeah, as for me, i'd rather have a cayman, just think they look great. Don't get me wrong, i like the 911 too, but i just like the cayman more tbh.

when i bought my 197, people where like like ''why didn't you buy a megane?'' and my reply was ''i wanted a 197...''

same kind of thing here, I just love them!

378bhp Leon Cupra R
If i never had the kid i'd defo had looked into getting one of these, Love them in Red.

cayman-s-edition.jpg

Oooh I did't realise you'd posted this when we were having PM-sex this morning. Do it!

The 911 is s**t anyway. Ten foot overhangs at either end and the engine on the back bumper. The wheel base belongs to a smart car.

fap fap fap, this is the only porka I will own one day! Seb you have excellent taste sir.

There is one at my local garage, 56 plate, sliver, £29k.

He'll only give me £3k for the clio :(

Turbos.
One at work in red with the black wheels above, it's pretty smart. Sometimes i love them, sometimes i think they just look like a bar of soap!

Love these. Father-in-law's hunting for one at the moment - he previously owned a Boxster S but NEVER put the roof down, so a Cayman S will be perfect.

Just hoping I'm in his good books so I can get a drive :(

Turbos.
TBH, i like the Cayman, but would always get a used Boxster S and save the change. The Cayman looks better, but it would be annoying driving past a Boxster in the Summer with it's roof down. It's not like the Boxster is a bad drive either...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
TBH, i like the Cayman, but would always get a used Boxster S and save the change. The Cayman looks better, but it would be annoying driving past a Boxster in the Summer with it's roof down. It's not like the Boxster is a bad drive either...

indeed, a convertible is a nice idea... however, it would seriously piss me off during the other 11 mths of coldness we have in this country, plus i just don't particularly like convertibles...

horses for courses etc .

that blakc one is mint Peps... :cool:

Thing about convertibles is that the fabric roofs in modern cars like these are incredibly good. I've not for one minute considered a removable hardtop for my Z4 as TBC I don't notice a significant difference. Cabin space is tiny and heaters are great, so you don't notice any cold. I'd guess the Boxster is the same.

I'd be seriously split between a Boxster and a Cayman is I was in a position to buy either...

Turbos.
You're right there Ally, although it's a shame to leave a convertible in the rain. Hardtops can be worse as you can get a bit of boominess in the cabin from them, whereas the softop absorbs all the noise.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fair bit more noise with a soft-top at mway speeds though. But tbf, neither would be purchased for their refinement. I'd have a Cayman purely on looks.

You're right there Ally, although it's a shame to leave a convertible in the rain. Hardtops can be worse as you can get a bit of boominess in the cabin from them, whereas the softop absorbs all the noise.
Yeah I don't really think about the rain aspect as mine lives in the garage when I'm not driving it.

That Porsche Design version - one of those went through the BCA auction in Glasgow when I was looking for a Z4. Utterly f**ked, I'm guessing a repossessed lease car perhaps, covered in dents, needed a new back wing due to being caved in, and the stripes were peeling off. And it STILL looked awesome...

RS RIP

Boxster is a ladies Porsche.. Gay. There were complaints from the Porsche crowd about the car being underpowered too .. believe the later types had a different engine because of this ?

Cayman looks ok but how's the power ?