ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Portable Phone Chargers (talk to me)

banther

ClioSport Club Member
We were given them in our introductory pack at my last workplace.

We were told to stop using them as they were destroying the phone batteries. No idea why / if it was true - I certainly never noticed a difference but then I hardly used it.

I think good as a handy back up if you cant carry spare batteries, for longer term use there may​ be some implications.

Okay well looking at the specs of you phone your battery capacity is 2330 mAH. The link you posted is for a 30000mAH battery so it should last for days matey. Might even be able to go for a lower capacity/smaller/cheaper one :)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
um not heard of that one before, its only a charger at the end of the day

We were given them in our introductory pack at my last workplace.

We were told to stop using them as they were destroying the phone batteries. No idea why / if it was true - I certainly never noticed a difference but then I hardly used it.

I think good as a handy back up if you cant carry spare batteries, for longer term use there may​ be some implications.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Okay well looking at the specs of you phone your battery capacity is 2330 mAH. The link you posted is for a 30000mAH battery so it should last for days matey. Might even be able to go for a lower capacity/smaller/cheaper one :)

yeah im thinking festivals and things like that as well, so id just grab a big one

Ahh fair enough! Tbh I can't see how these could damage a phone battery. As long as you charge properly i.e from near flat to full, then run down then fully charge etc it will be fine. This issue will be if you keep 'topping up' for like 15 mins at a time!

Polo + Micra
Ahh fair enough! Tbh I can't see how these could damage a phone battery. As long as you charge properly i.e from near flat to full, then run down then fully charge etc it will be fine. This issue will be if you keep 'topping up' for like 15 mins at a time!

you won't damage a lithium battery with short charges to top up they just add up to a cycle (i.e 10 10% charges = 1 charge cycle)

i highly doubt it's 30000mAh weighting 400grams. imho i'd say it's in the region of 8-10Ah

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
you won't damage a lithium battery with short charges to top up they just add up to a cycle (i.e 10 10% charges = 1 charge cycle)

i highly doubt it's 30000mAh weighting 400grams. imho i'd say it's in the region of 8-10Ah

I suspect your right and I wouldn't necessarily buy that one, it just happened to be the one I was on when I made this post.

will look into them to see which is a good one before buying

Polo + Micra
maybe something like this

i had an anker battery for my sensation and it was the only one that actually gave me longer run time

I have a solar charger and pack from https://www.powertraveller.com/ i have a powermonkey extreme . its a battery plus a solar charger we stick on the side of the tent , or have out and about with us .

Works great at places where you may not be able to have your car near the tent etc and does its job well in my opinion .....

very useful piece of kit .

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Indeed. In fact they prefer being topped up rather than used till near flat and charged all the way up.