ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox One audio setup help

Clio MK3
Hi Guys,

I am asking on here for some help regarding an issue I have come across. I am planning on purchasing an Xbox One very soon, and I have realised my Television which is a fairly old 37" Panasonic Plasma TV does not have any headphone jacks or Audio Out points (buying s new TV is not an option currently). I want to use my Turtle beach headset x12 with the xbox one as the television sound would keep the house awake when I am gaming till stupid times in the morning :eek: I was thinking the only way I can think of getting around this is by purchasing a digital to analog converter, so use an optical out cable from the back of the Xbox for sound into a converter then a simple RCA splitter which will plug into the box and allow me to plug my headset into the female end and listen to the Xbox audio, am I correct in thinking this will work or is there an issue with this? I would be powering the headset from the Xbox usb ports.

If any one else can suggest ways around this I would very much like to hear them :)

Here is digital to analogue converter I would be buying ; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-t...nics_HomeAudioHiFi_Tuners&hash=item2336254171

Here is the splitter which would buy ; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RCA-Stere...ion_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f23621e37

Many thanks,

Connor.

Now Sold :-(
If your TV has no audio outputs it would be your only option unless you have a spare amp knocking about that has a digital input you can send the sound from the XBOX to then pick up RCA output from that.

SQ5
Doesn't the turtle beach have optical in?

If not, your tv will output audio from the scart socket.

Clio MK3
Okay thanks for the replies guys, think I will give the scart adapter a go. Are you sure the tv will output sound from the scart adapter even though the xbox will be listed as a HDMI input? I ask this as some people who have asked the similar question get responses saying the scart adapter will only output the televisions freeview sound, not a component? Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?:S

SQ5
Okay thanks for the replies guys, think I will give the scart adapter a go. Are you sure the tv will output sound from the scart adapter even though the xbox will be listed as a HDMI input? I ask this as some people who have asked the similar question get responses saying the scart adapter will only output the televisions freeview sound, not a component? Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?:S

Do it all the time. Your TV will only ever get stereo sound from the XO anyway so can output it.

The turtle beaches don't come with an RCA input??
nope at the end of the cable there is a usb cable for power/mic and a 3.5mm headphone jack for the audio but in the box they come with a 3.5mm to phono 5m cable http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/35mm-female-to-rca-stereo-splitter-cable/99 you set them up like this
X12_howWorks.jpg

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
Scart sockets work both ways FFS!

The TB doesn't have optical in.

They really don't hence why they are marked as video in and video out and some tvs have 1 of each for recording and playback at the same time. Remember when you used to record vhs tapes this was how you did it.

SQ5
They really don't hence why they are marked as video in and video out and some tvs have 1 of each for recording and playback at the same time. Remember when you used to record vhs tapes this was how you did it.

FLOL, I have to do this on most TV's now due to not having any RCA audio outs.

AV1 or the one scart it has will 99% be an output too. Hence these little symbols and this on a new TV that needs an adapter.

Number 10 RGB input only, Video (Yellow, Red, White RCA) is input and output hence the arrows in and out of the circle.

yme4e5ur.jpg

Anymore questions?