ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bestr Thing to do with a poor Condition 4S

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I've got an iPhone 5 on the way to me, and need to shift my 4S. Cosmetically, it is in good condition, the glasses have no scratches or cracks, the rear right hand corner of the bezel is a little scratched. However:

The ear piece speaker is very quiet, Im guessing its got damaged. IT works, but if there is any background noise youve had it. Its as if its on 50% volume when on full?

The Charging port, bizarrely has pins missing! I put it into a friends none apple Charger, the charger got stuck even when tabs on the side of the charger fully deployed, it ripped a few pics out. It still charges 100%, the charger however doesnt sit flush in the port, and sticks out on the left a few mm.

Now whats my best bet? I intend selling this to one of those recycle places, and one of them offers "upto" 80%, which is fine, but I dont want to send it them and end up getting 10% of their quotes? Once its sent, thats it really isn't it?

Secondly is to get it repaired, the parts appear available cheaply on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iphone-4S...K_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4163597780

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251190766915?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Are these difficult to fit? How much would a shop charge?

What would you do, and what sort of money would you expect a)in perfect condition, b) with the above issues?

Thanks

ITB BG 182
How much warranty does it have left? Check the phone serial via the Apple site, if its in warranty then book an appointment with their genius bar, go to the Apple store, swap the phone for a 100% fully refurbished one (practically like new).

I was 1 day out side of my warranty, they didnt even check the phone for faults, all I had to do was sign a ipad thing amd off I walked with a new iPhone 4S.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I got it the day it came out, so its over a year old, how longs warrenty? How can I check cant see much on the apple site?

ITB BG 182
go to settings, > General > About > Serial Number. Hold your finger on the serial number line till the 'Copy' button appears.

Type in google 'Check Apple Warranty' and then click on the Apple link that comes up, paste number in and check.

You can get extended warranties for £25 but to get a new iPhone 4S back in return its worth it.