ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Portable Speaker for Holiday

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
  330i. E30 Touring.
From my limited exposure, they're all much of a muchness. It seems to be mainly about branding and aesthetics.

the missus' parents have a Bose Soundlink, and it's not bad.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
@aucky has got an awesome one.

Can't remember the make but the sound quality was superb and the battery seemed to last for ages.
It suddenly died last week!!!!! ;(

It's seen lots of use and travel though.
Philips Fidelio
image.jpeg

Maybe one of the instrument techs at work can repair it!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
From a personal taste viewpoint, it pisses me off when someone the other side of the pool or two floors up on the balcony decides to pollute the surrounding area with their choice of tunes. Granted, your musical tastes might be awesome, but you shouldn't enforce that onto other people nearby - unless of course, people aren't anywhere around to begin with!

On our honeymoon a few weeks ago, I picked up a Marley Chant at the airport for just over £40 in duty free.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-...PLA=1&ef_id=VvzePQAABOjTkBY2:20160926161654:s

It was great just streaming music by the pool when you were sat near it and not annoy other people. I didn't even have to crank it up - the sound was plenty enough to stream music while still being able to hold a conversation. Simple USB charging method too.

I've got a Bose soundlink mini 2and its survived being bounced about a land rover in the Falklands for 4 months, think anything that can survive that is a good buy.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Just go to Amazon. Search Bluetooth speaker and look for the one with the most good reviews in your price range. Double check its actually battery powered though.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I've got a JBL Charge, the sound is really good.
In built battery is good for something stupid like 20 hours playback, you can also charge your mobile off it like a powerbank.

The Charge 2 is splashproof, the newer Charge 3 is fully waterproof and can be chucked in a swimming pool.
The outer case is rubberised so it bounces off the floor quite nicely.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a JBL Charge, the sound is really good.
In built battery is good for something stupid like 20 hours playback, you can also charge your mobile off it like a powerbank.

The Charge 2 is splashproof, the newer Charge 3 is fully waterproof and can be chucked in a swimming pool.
The outer case is rubberised so it bounces off the floor quite nicely.

Another vote for the JBL Charge. I bought the Charge 2+ after a lot of research and listening. It produced what I felt was the more true to life sound with excellent bass response & punching mids - far superior to the overpriced Bose/Beats stuff IMO. I use it everyday - easily fills a room with sound way past it's size.

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Bose Soundlink is brilliant. Great sound and the 2 has a nice little charging dock. Very impressed with mine.