ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Boot Install, What Ya Think??

Pug 306 GTi-6
Install.jpg

The plan is to build the amp and sub boxes out of MDF myself because I can do it alot cheaper than buying the stelth boxz, black carpet and probably a blue neon wired up to the boot courtesy light so it comes on when the boot is opened. :D

make sure you get the dimensions right for the sub box... and that its tightly sealed.

otherwise it will sound poo.

Da

Less
Bazzeray said:
how would i do that? would that mean i could switch it on n off with the head unit?
I wouldn't wire it to the amp cos as you say it would be on all the time the headunit was switched on. Personally I would wire it to the existing boot interior cortesy light so it only illuminates when the boot is open. Oh and of course, remove the existing light :)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Daz_2427 said:
I wouldn't wire it to the amp cos as you say it would be on all the time the headunit was switched on. Personally I would wire it to the existing boot interior cortesy light so it only illuminates when the boot is open. Oh and of course, remove the existing light :)
I did say wire it to the remote amp switch, so when the amp in turned on the lights will also turn on.
Not to wire it to the big power cable as that constant live and will leave the light on all the time.

Da

Less
msa182 said:
I did say wire it to the remote amp switch, so when the amp in turned on the lights will also turn on.
Not to wire it to the big power cable as that constant live and will leave the light on all the time.
Yeah i realise that mate, but most amps are wired to the HU's remote output which switches them on when the HU is switched on. So all the time he's driving around (with his HU on) his boot will be lit up for no reason. I simply meant what's the point in having a nice blue neon lit up to show off the install if the tailgate is shut? :)

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
just put a switch in the circuit, easily done, thats what i'm going to do then when you want it on just flick the switch.

Pug 306 GTi-6
ok, calm down guys! lol

what sort of dimensions would i be looking at to make it not sound poo then? its'a 10" 1000w alpine.

Bazzeray said:
what sort of dimensions would i be looking at to make it not sound poo then? its'a 10" 1000w alpine.

the "right" dimensions ;)

its measured by the internal volume of the box. There's a way of working it out thats far too clever for me.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Bazzeray said:
ok, calm down guys! lol

Haven't you got the original box that the sub come in, as the sizes and volume should be in there.

right to work out internal dimension of an enclosure in cubic feet

gross internal volume (cubis inches) - height (inches) x width (inches) x depth (inches) ------ all internal measurements

gross internal volume (cubic inches) divided by 1728 equals gross internal volume in cubic feet

height(cm) x width (cm) x depth (cm) divided by 1000 equals the gross internal volume in litres

hope this helps, the original manual, or online pdf files will give you the spec required for the internal dimensions of a box either including or expluding the displacement of the woofer

E87 118i
blue neon, has just given me an idea.....will look cool mate. I prefer the more stealthier looking installs.

1996 Valver
That is the same set up as I have,
When you build the sides make sure you make a cut out to get to the wing nuts for the rear lights.

I was running a free air sub, but have now installed a sub box, the only prob with this is the height, with the false floor the 6x9 where hitting the top of the sub box,

I have now made a stealth shelf and positioned the speakers further out towards the rear window.

Will try and post some pics when I get home!

MK1 - 1.8 8v - RSi
Hi Bazzeray

I Have done a custom boot install in my Mk1 and i actually do full custom installs as a sideline, if you need any help and advise then please PM Me and i would be happy to help.

HeavyWeight
North Yorkshire Area Rep

FULL FAT 182
hi clio heavy weight , have you got any plans for the mk1 clio boot install as im looking to build one in the near future.any help would be appreciated.nick:)

Pug 306 GTi-6
cheers for the offer heavyweight, if i need any help i'll let ya know.

as for the size, i never thought of measuring the existing box, duh!!!