ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible brake pad/disk problem

RSC 182 Cup
I recently installed some Ferrodo DS2500 pads and some Brembo Max HC Groved disks. After the last track day (kindof a bedding in session I guess) I started getting some vibration in the brake pedal under light braking. No I didnt park with the handbrake on :)

It only happens on light braking between about 50-110kph and dosnt really exist at lower or higher speeds. It is most prominent right at 80kph with an audible speed equivelant (slows down as the car slows) vibration.

I took it to Renault and got the head service guy to take it for a drive and he says that its probably not a warped disk but rather thinks its just what is gonna happen with hard race pads and disks. It might also be possible that its just the groves in the disks that are causing it.

So, what do you guys reakon? Anything wrong? The brakes do still work fine....very fine but I wanna be sure nothing is gonna give out on me.

Lionel Richie
did you remove the pad shims when you installed the DS2500's??? (small stainless steel plate at either end of the pad carrier)

RSC 182 Cup
Well, my pads or disk are still vibating under brakes. It didnt go away :(

Now about these shims you're talking about Fred, are they the black metal piece that come stuck to the back of the pad material? Do they need to be pryed off?

172 cup'd extreme

Now about these shims you're talking about Fred, are they the black metal piece that come stuck to the back of the pad material? Do they need to be pryed off?

Its a very thin piece of metal attached to the underside of the caliper

RSC 182 Cup

Its a very thin piece of metal attached to the underside of the caliper

And for these pads they need to be removed?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
These are what Freds referring to .

FRONT1.jpg

RSC 182 Cup
Ok, finaly got around to checking my shims and found there are none installed. Is this something I should get put back on or are they supposed to be removed?

CB600FS
If you don't bed in new/pads and discs properly the first time they get hot you can warp the discs... Doesn't usually happen but it can.

Did you clean all the corrosion/rust off the mating face on the hub where the disc sits onto, needs to be as clean as you can get it really.

RSC 182 Cup
If you don't bed in new/pads and discs properly the first time they get hot you can warp the discs... Doesn't usually happen but it can.

Did you clean all the corrosion/rust off the mating face on the hub where the disc sits onto, needs to be as clean as you can get it really.

It wouldnt be corrosion because the vibration only started happening after a few laps on a track day. And I didnt use the handbrake at the track so I cant see how they would have warped.

Surely Brembo Max HC's wont warp unless under extreem heat for a long period?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try taking the discs off and turning them 180 degrees , they might be running out a bit causing the vibration .