ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Monitor Issue?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Bought a new monitor today, got it all setup and it just isnt right...

Quick video example

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/m...C-4634-A509-53D20911193E_zps2wokbifw.mp4.html

Cant embed for some reason, hopefully it works!

It does that for Videos, Streams, and other games... Could it be something to do with lack of gfx card? Mine died a death and havnt got around to replacing it...

My old monitor works fine, so could it be a faulty monitor?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I reckon it's the graphics card. In Steam settings, what graphic card is it set to use/graphic card type?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
There currently isnt a card fitted, it burnt out and was stopping the pc booting so its just using the on the motherboards built in graphics..

DCi
Video won't work on my phone but first check if you have installed drivers for your onboard gfx adapter - if you haven't you might see a small performance increase (maybe)

But to really fix it replace your gfx!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Video won't work on my phone but first check if you have installed drivers for your onboard gfx adapter - if you haven't you might see a small performance increase (maybe)

But to really fix it replace your gfx!

Yeah all drivers are installed and up to date.. Just plugged my old monitor in and it works fine, im going to assume the onboard graphics cant handle the monitor

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
No other Pc's could maybe try xbox though?

Edit: Plugged into Xbox, does the same thing, so look like a problem with the Monitor

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
What's the difference in resolution from your old monitor to the new one?
Cant remember off the top of my head but a new monitor has solved the problem, but iv just take delivery of a new Gfx card and its buzzing it tits off when playing any game on high/medium settings....

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
What make/model is it?
Its a Corsair CX750M and from looking online they are utter s**t and suffer alot from coil whine when underload... I didnt do much research into them at the time which i now regret

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Its a Corsair CX750M and from looking online they are utter s**t and suffer alot from coil whine when underload... I didnt do much research into them at the time which i now regret

Corsair are cheap s**t in general in my experience. I still have a Corsair Air540 (which will be replaced when I find something nice that's not a Caselabs from the states) and Corsair SP2500 which popped its power supply a few years ago but I was luckily enough to blag a replacement.

If you want a recommendation then I don't think you can go wrong with something from BeQuiet. I've got a DarkPower 10 (I think that's its name) and got my Dad their budget £50 one. Both are next to silent.