ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible to quieten a Yozzasport exhaust?

MK Indy Hayabusa
I have a Milltek and Yozzasport exhaust, I like a bit of popping and banging with a good exhaust note but my current set is LOUD!!

Is it possible to quieten them down? What are other good quality alternatives that are slightly quieter?

Cheers

Speak to Fred, I'm sure he might be able to sort something out for you. Is it running a de-cat too?

Other exhaust systems where you could customise the sound but not compromise on quality are BTB or Orbisound.

MK Indy Hayabusa
It is being remapped as I type and I have a nice Ktec air filter on its way to me so I will see what it all sounds like afterwards then make a decision whether to swap it or not...

Otherwise it sounds like a sport cat is the way forward. Moving to the South of France in 14 days so the alternative is just deafen all the Frenchies!! :)

182 FF, A6 Avant
Get rid of the decat. I took mine out as it was just far too loud (milltek system.) It's still a bit boomy at times, but OK for normal driving.

Clio RS 182
Mate I have a Caterham 7 Kit with a Hayabusa engine and almost straight through exhaust that makes my ears bleed!!! I was looking for a little tranquility in the Clio ;)

The fact you have a decat is the reason it is so loud, coupled with the fact a yozza doesn't have a resonator, common sense would tell you to just remove the decat if you want it to be quieter.

MK Indy Hayabusa
We have already established the de-cat is the reason for the rather loud nature of the exhaust, but thanks for pointing it out again. Common sense would suggest that not everybody wants to drive around all of the time with the loudest exhaust in the street. I love the car but dont feel the need to be driving around making so much noise in the process. Just my opinion of course, its horses for courses I believe! :)

Thanks for all the feedback folks. I will wait and see what its like day to day when I start using it in France.

Evo 5 RS
I bought a tiger home from my travels and it keeps eating all my steak and pissing on the carpet, how can I stop it?

My neighbours think my F22 is too loud when I'm on shift. How do I stop them from whining

I've bought a yozzasport and decat, how can I make it quieter?

and other INCREDIBLE tales

MK Indy Hayabusa
Jeepers mate, I pity your neighbours and fellow house mates with that lot going on! :)

The car came with these mods and I've owned it 3 days, I bought it because of other nice mods fitted and would take a view on the exhaust "volume" at a later date.......taking advice on how to quieten it appears to cause some interesting responses!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Would it not be possible to chop the centre pipe and add a silencer in there? That way you could still keep the de-cat. Believe me they do drone quite a bit even with the cat fitted

Clio 197
Would it not be possible to chop the centre pipe and add a silencer in there? That way you could still keep the de-cat. Believe me they do drone quite a bit even with the cat fitted

is this the first post in the history of cliosport.net that attaches a negative to the holy grail that is the Yozza?! :lolup:

good luck zxr9_jason

Clio RS 182
Jeepers mate, I pity your neighbours and fellow house mates with that lot going on! :)

The car came with these mods and I've owned it 3 days, I bought it because of other nice mods fitted and would take a view on the exhaust "volume" at a later date.......taking advice on how to quieten it appears to cause some interesting responses!

If you decide to sell the Yozza, PM me first! Cheers.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
is this the first post in the history of cliosport.net that attaches a negative to the holy grail that is the Yozza?! :lolup:good luck zxr9_jason
As I've had the race with the cat fitted there has only been one occasion when I couldn't wait to turn the car off, that was after little sleep and a trip to Rs Tuning at 100+ Leptons. They sound fooking fantastic though, they really do, but if you plan on being on the motorway for long stints I can't see it being the exhaust for you.