ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible top mounts?

My clio has got a weird noise , passenger side it tends to be and mainly , when have left it parked over night , ill start it up reverse back and the lock over full to the right and go to pull out into the road , theres like a crack from the passenger side front while locking over

It sounds to me like top mount area , how common do the top mounts fail ? if at all? i checked at mot last time and there wasn't any obvious play

And is it a case of new bearing and your sorted or is there more too it ?

Its done 100k, and ive checked the springs are okay , and its had anti roll bar bushes about 5 months ago ( not sure if the ARB could slide and cause this type of noise ?

Any advice/ common faults before i have to start taking it apart ?

Thanks
Dean

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Top mount knock! Common issue fixed with thick washers.

either that or your top mount bearing assembly is a tad past its life time

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
No probs mate, take note which way up the bearing and other bits come off, I made the mistake of putting mine on the wrong way ad breaking them.... :eek: