ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible write off?

Lee

BMW M2C
If a car is hit from behind and the rear end is pushed forward enough to allow the rear tyres to touch the bumper, and the boot floor to be pushed up is it likely to be written off or just pulled back into shape?

On a car valued at around £10k.

Ta.

Lee, being cryptic will just make everyone think its you! lol. Hope its not and all is ok.

Hard to say from that really, but at a guess it would be a write off. Going to cost a fair few k's for that to be put back together with new parts, pulled out if its safe to do so and then sprayed.

M2 Competition
Will be repairable, but probably end up a cat d write off im guessing.

This sounds similar to subways cup before he bought it,
and that was cat d.

I'd say write off depnds on compnay but for the cost particuly if its an expensive sporty model then body panels are more expensive so more likly a write off.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I think it will get repaired same happened to my Mums 2 year old 1,6 Scenic and it was done no questions asked, no airbags went off though, that could be the decider, hope it wasnt you mate but whoever it was is ok

liquidized RacingBlue 182
Mainly cosmetic damage, but too much to justify it being repaired under the insurance.

so if u get or buy a cat d there is not really mch up with it just what ya say above? and i assume much cheeper? i member a mate talking bout gettin a cat d car cheap.....

Megane Mk4
Wifes just consulted a repair estimator at her work Lee.
He says because the car is worth 10k and under 4 years old, it's repairable.

Just for the records for anyone with accidents he also says that:-
Insurance companies will pay UPTO 75% value of the car for repairs before they will write it off altogether.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i had that happen to me, my car was only worth £5500-£6000, needed new bumper, smash panel, bootlid, interior plastics and carpets, part of the boot floor cutting out and a new one being welded in, spraying on bootlid and bumper.

i thoiught mine would have been a write off, and so did 2 body shops that i took it to for quote before the insurance got it but they fixed it without questionning.

i think it depends on the garage aswell, if they have some spare parts for a particular car then they may give the insurance a cheaper deal for the fix, as mine is a standard clio etc the parts are easy to find so wasnt much of a problem, but if it is a rarer model, like said above the parts will be harder to find.

Mini Cooper S sport
Hope it's not you Lee..

If that happened to my car I'd hope they would write it off, that kind of damage sounds nasty.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Wifes just consulted a repair estimator at her work Lee.
He says because the car is worth 10k and under 4 years old, it's repairable.

Just for the records for anyone with accidents he also says that:-
Insurance companies will pay UPTO 75% value of the car for repairs before they will write it off altogether.

If you are not at fault!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
If the roof is creased is the usual write off point from memory.

Floors etc can be pulled or replaced as can quarters etc.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
If a car is hit from behind and the rear end is pushed forward enough to allow the rear tyres to touch the bumper, and the boot floor to be pushed up is it likely to be written off or just pulled back into shape?

On a car valued at around £10k.

Ta.

How much for the recaros???;)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Likelt to be yes as if tge slam panned is touching the wheels, one or more chasis legs are significantly bent. If its just a matter of the trim touching?? How creased is the boot floor, are rear wing/s creased?? Any creasing to the roof???

The 75% write off very much depends on the insurance company, many are written off a 60% its a risk assessment v the value of the salvage.

Megane 225
Hope it's not 007 you're talking about Lee!

Should be okay though I would have thought?

<-- If not though...

Question is, would you want another?