ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possibly getting a de-cat as i'm poor...

in the near future i should hopefully be getting a scorpion rs192 system, if the mini-site from this forum for the system still actually works and has them made?
after a drive with friends the other night i was told that when i floored it off in front of my mates it smelt a bit eggy i.e that my cat was going... i dont have enough money for the new system and a cat, so was thinking of just getting the de-cat system (MOT not due till end of year and will have much more money by that time for cat) wise move? or should i just get a new cat and save my money? im currently running the standard exhaust system which rattle's hilariously when i set off after it being cooled down (mounts have gone i'm guessing) and it is a bit of an old looking system if i say so myself!

Titanium 182
Without sounding patronizing, it depends on if you want to run a decat or not... Unless you find a "friendly" mot tester you are definitely going to need to buy a cat at some point and if you don't swap it back with the decat afterwards then you've just spend money unnecessarily. As far as the RS192 system goes, it sounds brilliant IMO (I have the full system including decat) and it's very well made.

Yes don't worry I inderstadn what you mean, I've read and heard that 1*2's do sound quite nice with full decay systems and ive had my eye on a scorpion one since well before I even got my car! Running a de-cat would not bother me, more so people living near me when I come home in the small hours. But I don't rag it around my area so shouldn't be too much of a nuisance! I'm fine with having to get a cat for the Mot as it is a long way off, near to the end of the year so running a de-cat until then would be no problems for me! Where could I get the rs192 system from? I would ins on here the mini-site for the clio system, anywhere else? Preferably new system and not second hand.

Titanium 182
The system can actually be pretty tame in the right gears keeping rpm low, it can get droney on the motorway but still very tolerable at about 65mph in fifth. And when you do give it some it's quite a deep tone, really nice!

http://www.rs192.co.uk/page1.htm I didn't purchase mine it was already on the car but this link seems to still sell them

lovely, pretty much what im looking for then! dont want something too mad at normal speeds/rpm, and i rarely go on motorways so droning isnt a concern! yes thats the site i had found for it already, good to know that they still sell them then! thanks for your reinforcement to get one btw! should have one within the next month, along with new mounts!

BG Clio 182
lovely, pretty much what im looking for then! dont want something too mad at normal speeds/rpm, and i rarely go on motorways so droning isnt a concern! yes thats the site i had found for it already, good to know that they still sell them then! thanks for your reinforcement to get one btw! should have one within the next month, along with new mounts!
It is an awesome exhaust! High quality and doesn't look aftermarket just looks right and good.

It is pretty quiet though, but I'd say it's like oem+ like it's louder, but not too loud for a non car person to really notice at normal speeds if you get me?

Mine is catted though and it's a lot louder deccatted I'm sure! Love mine though it's awesome. Teeny tiny bit of a drone perhaps at about 70-75 but never ever bothered me it's unoticeable completely with the radio on!

I aren't sure you can get the RS192 anymore im probably wrong but the SRN019 or whatever is called is very similar sounding and the tailpipes are a different style is all.

Oh I thought it smelling like that meant it was stuffed haha! & yes after I did a full on standing start drag race and overtook my friends (full throttle obviously) they said it stank...
I do need to get a new system anyway so I thought may as well go de-cat as I do want it to sound nice!

Oh right, so probably can't get the rs192 system from new then? I'll look into that other one, cheers.

BG 182, BMW 320d
scorpion have a newer system the srn019d. Maybe could go with this ? I have the decat and unresonated catback of this exhaust and it is very loud but can keep it down when needed

Oh I thought it smelling like that meant it was stuffed haha! & yes after I did a full on standing start drag race and overtook my friends (full throttle obviously) they said it stank...
I do need to get a new system anyway so I thought may as well go de-cat as I do want it to sound nice!

Oh right, so probably can't get the rs192 system from new then? I'll look into that other one, cheers.

Saying it stank.. maybe they were just trying to piss on your parade? As you had over taken them.

As said cats on here are fairly cheap tbf

Haha they may very well have been jealous of me!
& I may have hit 5k too soon, but I didn't wheel spin & I didnt notice it revving excessively upon setting off, I feel I have some ability in managing the throttle for quick starts now though.