ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Posting a gearbox - help.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I have a gearbox for sale that could need sending.

Anybody know the best way?

Thanks.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Considering the weight and size I think it’s not bad. Does that include insurance.

Another company I use for smaller car parts is “parcel2go”. You could always put the details in there and see if any of the couriers on that service will do up to the weight of a gearbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Wrap it in a f**k ton of cardboard and put softenings around the tin end cover. Go on interparcel and choose the UPS option. Weight is 36/37kg and it’ll cost you about £35 ish.

Paisley freight WILL f**k you about if it’s on a pallet. Trust me - me and @rsi_scotty have been pissed around by them twice as all they do is sublet the job out.

Legend - thank you so much mate.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I was going to say I've shipped pallets before using Paisley Freights and not had an issue before and would have been my suggestion.

Considering Northloop has done the legwork and its coming in sub £40 then, I think I'll be sacking off Paisley freights too...

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I usually build a wooden crate around heads, engines and gearboxes, bolt them to the wood so they move as 1 unit and just shove copious amounts of cardboard and bubble wrap around them. Then staple and tape cardboard to the wood because shipping companies are weird and sometimes wont post anything not in a cardboard box🙄😂

20200127_131611.jpg

Engines cant move if they're bolted to something😂

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Where is the go to to get a gearbox shipped now? @2 Clios Jon has a gearbox in Darlington but it is a way from me. I’ve looked at the UPS option but it says a gearbox is on the prohibited list.