ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powder coat costs mk2 subframe black

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Not a front subframe but my rear beam and brackets, blasted and powdercoated cost me £100

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Just had my mates done for a Trophy. Cost me £48 incl vat.
I have had various prices ! One came in at around £40 but said would confirm.

One said 60 but couldnt shot blast , another said 70 - 80 and one came back at 140 😳

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Can front arms be blasted and coated with bushes in place or likely to get destroyed ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have had various prices ! One came in at around £40 but said would confirm.

One said 60 but couldnt shot blast , another said 70 - 80 and one came back at 140 😳

Wasn’t quite as recent as I thought... 😂

But recent enough.

8696DC97-8E85-4FE9-BE7F-C6B22595D134.png

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you looked at Vapour blasting the engine bay bits?

Looks sooo good.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah that does look nice but i think its quite expensive , the car is a track car so not bothered about oem finish just hate dirt and rust 😂

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have you had the manifold port matched and stuff? cos MS offer paint after they've done the machine work.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Have you had the manifold port matched and stuff? cos MS offer paint after they've done the machine work.

No its totally stock , who are MS and does the porting help do you reckon its not an rs stamped one either

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
If it was me I'd just get items painted with a good zinc primer undercoat, powder coating always starts to fail very easily on certain exposed items on the corners etc if the cars used as a daily etc from my experience, engine parts would be fine maybe but subframes, beams etc will get rattled by stones and breakdown easily, powder coat repairs are a pain also from my opinion

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
No its totally stock , who are MS and does the porting help do you reckon its not an rs stamped one either

These guys, alot of people use them for port matching 1*2 manifolds. A good number had it done, general consensus is that it is worth the effort.

You'd be best getting an 'RS' stamped lower inlet first tho, then send that over for porting.

They look ace after some paint as well.

BqM0mCj9ykdeozSYKP3KR15RA5oWk1-Tza8r5cY6-Uqo&_nc_ohc=KD8VWsmOj20AX-R8aGy&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-1.jpg

eDpTJNEaHzS8OlMk0RofNL5xLqxe-QtQSTcYPHvK8azY&_nc_ohc=jjezsffgPSAAX89R-2M&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-2.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
These guys, alot of people use them for port matching 1*2 manifolds. A good number had it done, general consensus is that it is worth the effort.

You'd be best getting an 'RS' stamped lower inlet first tho, then send that over for porting.

They look ace after some paint as well.

View attachment 1503026
View attachment 1503027
Max at MS does some proper good tackle, a few of my mates have his matched inlets painted and they haven't had a single issue with them either

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup

they all get opened up to the same port size wether they are R.S stamped or not 👍🏻

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I had MS inlets on the old car. Looked great. The other alloy bits i just cleaned up and sprayed myself.
20181021_155035.jpg

Attachments

• 20181021_155035.jpg
    20181021_155035.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 54

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I had some bits done on a trophy restoration i was doing i would never get a subframe powdercoated ever again. I would have ot blasted and possibly painted. It just doesn't come out nice.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
The problem I have with powdercoat on parts that need bolt force exerting on is that the coating cracks. Obviously around mating faces like stub axle mounts I masked off or filed back the powdercoat but the backs where the stub axle bolts clamp up crack the coating.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Have seen a lot of people powder coat a lot of car parts for them to be disappointed 6 months later where its starting to crack and peel.
As its been pointed out above the matting surfaces need to be clean and threads need to be clear and the time that goes into that is crazy, no powder coater wants to sit finding bolts to go into threads, putting bungs into other holes or cutting heat proof tape to cover stuff.

They just want to blast and powder coat.