ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power cable for amp!

Clio 182
Hi, I've had a search about and found on here that the best place for the power cable is to go through the grommet with the bonnet release cable, but i cant for the life of me find out where it comes out in the engine bay. Tried pushing the wire through with no luck. Any advice?

follow the wire, from what I remember its kinda behind the washer bottle. Earth the Amp before you do anything in my opinion.

Thinkin of it disconnect the bonnet release cable inside and pull it in and out and you'll see it on the other side.

2007 clio dynamique
when i did mine (mk3) the grommet come out at the back behind the battery etc on the passenger side i just stuck a long screwdriver through and felt around for it and on the battery there should be a few little bolts that you can undo and pop the positive straight onto on mine there colour coded red and black, red being the positive just take the battery cover off and have a look

Jap Box
I couldnt get mine through the bonnet release either, so I cut the carpet in a cross shape, drilled through the middle, pushed wire through and then sealed all inside and outside around the cable, the stuck the carpet back down.

The positive feed goes to the battery, then to the amp, make sure you remove the fuse from the wire though when connecting it so it doesnt go live as soon as its plugged in.

Ph1 Non Sport
Hey bud if you're still stuck I took some photos for you (I'm uploading them of iPhone so sorry if this goes wrong!)
It comes out just underneath the bottle but couldn't get a closer picture!
Hope this helps!

Tom

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306947005.950772.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306947005.950772.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 57
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306947030.484957.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306947030.484957.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 59
  Clio 182
spot on! that's really helpful thanks!

I should have mentioned that I'm fitting the amp under the passenger seat so earth will need to be near that. Could i just attach it to the seat frame?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
iirc you shouldnt fix the amp under a seat as there is not enough air flow which could cause the amp to over heat.

Clio 182
Thanks all for your help. I unclipped the power steering bottle and pushed the cable through from the cabin taped to a screwdriver. Unfortunately it took me an hour to get it untaped on the other side with one hand in a tight hole. I earthed it onto one of the lashing eyes in the boot at the back. This should be ok?

amping the speakers didnt make a huge difference so I bought a sub and stuck that in the boot. Sounds great!