ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power cap wiring.

hey there ive looked at the diogramme that came with it and am i right in thinking the cap is to be in parallel with the amp??? wiring wise???

al.

positive from battery to amp, earth from chassis to amp

power cap into bin

only way they should be wired

Polo + Micra
Bryan said:
positive from battery to amp, earth from chassis to amp

power cap into bin

only way they should be wired

so true

a short piece of 25mm2 from neg on batt to chassis would be better

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Why bin a power cap? I assume a power cap is the same as a capacitor? Like a 1 fahrad one? Surely they're a good idea as it must lower strain on the battery and a small amount on the alternator? And increase performance when the engine isn't switched on?

i'll be quick, as i want to get to bed

the initial charge of the cap is taken from the battery, this is a good thing, once you start hitting bass and draining power from the cap, this has to recharge. where does the charge come from? yep, the battery, which should be using as much of it's output to power the amp. by fitting a cap and using it, you will be removing voltage from the amp, to charge the cap, therefore defeating the object of fitting one in the 1st place

too many people believe the max power review pages, it says it all when total car audio no longer recommend using them

best thing to do is upgrade the big 3, see a far bigger improvement doing so, than fitting a cap