ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power loss at low RPM

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Happend since iv had the car, When pulling away the engine seems to loose power and rumbles like a bag of spanners. Its annoying as hell because it will sometimes cause the car to stall making me look a tit :eek:. I was thinking it could be a vaccum thats came off but does anyone else have any ideas before i take a closer look tommorow?

Another thing, Im not sure if its because it doesnt like the cold weather or not but when its cold it will sometimes die of all power then kick in a second later felling like you have injected nitrous :p

Code reader popped up 3 faults, Intermitant short circuit lambda, Unknown error 17 and unknown error 26. The first two codes cleared but Unknown error 26 did not! Any ideas please people ?

Thanks.

Nicky.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
could be loom faults (very common) Lambda short will definitely cause issues, but finding if it's the sensor or a rubbed through wire will need investigating

First job, look at the loom where it plugs into the ECU. There's a silly metal box that rattles loose and rubs through the wires

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
could be loom faults (very common) Lambda short will definitely cause issues, but finding if it's the sensor or a rubbed through wire will need investigating

First job, look at the loom where it plugs into the ECU. There's a silly metal box that rattles loose and rubs through the wires

Thanks for that, Is the ECU in the scuttle pannel under the pastic cover? Havent really had a look for it iv only had the car about a month. Cheers.

Nicky.