ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power loss when engine warm

Well i noticed today that my 172 seems to be bit slower at initial pick up when the car is up to temp than it does from cold. not even giving it a thrashing when cold just really noticeable when pulling out of a junction etc

Is this fairly normal is something a miss?

Standard air intake so shouldn't be heat soak.

Just weird that when setting off in the morning its all good, half hour down the road after sitting in traffic it hesitates alot. Usually can pull away from a slow roll in second but once warm it just jerks around alot. :confused:

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i had a problem where it lost power when warm,even though i had 2 new coolant sensors they were faulty and the 3rd cured the power loss as car wasnt getting up to temp on time,thermostat maybe,

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If it was a stat issue it would be like a third of the way up. If it sits 'just' under half its fine.

Yeah rev's dip abit then all of a sudden it jerks forward and all is ok again. the more i think of it it sounds like something to do with fuel injectors possibly?

Edit: lets just say i'd feel comfortable pulling out of a junction in second if i've rolled upto it slowly when its cold, when warm i really don't trust it not to bog down and force me to go to first.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It's allways hard to diagnose over the interwebz, especially as you know exactly what it's doing etc. I'm sure you know this, lol.

Could be anything really, coil on its way out, dirty plugs, etc etc.

Yep very true. Think I'll get the service done again and go from there.

Its either injectors but i doubt it, probably more plugs, leads or coil like you say. Definitely not right what ever it is.

Usually don't give it any beans when cold as im usually straight into traffic when i leave the house so haven't noticed the difference. Tbh i think its been like it for a while though. i know the only thing that hasnt been changed in my ownership (18 months) is the plugs so that's probably somewhere to start

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The only advice I can really give if you are trial and erroring it your self is start with the cheapest things first. Plugs would be a good start