ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power loss!

I have the cup model on a 02, and intermitantly loses power when cruising at a steady speed! V annoying! Has any body had this problem?

Also what is aktis update system?

Cheers

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Describe the problem a bit more please...

Does it like die and cut out, or just lose power but still pull???

ACTIS is a system that lists faults & recalls.

I can be doing any speed, and the revs will drop for a split second, then return to normal. Only happens when cruising, not accelerating.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by fozzy on 22 September 2003

I can be doing any speed, and the revs will drop for a split second, then return to normal. Only happens when cruising, not accelerating.
Sounds dodgy...

Get it in & have Renault hook it up to the diagnostic computer to see whats wrong!

Either a fuelling or an ignition fault to cause that Id say.

Its been back to renault twice, 1st time ecu had fault codes, so they reprogrammed. 2nd time no fault codes, so they did mailto:f@@k">f@@k all!

Its in agian now, i suggested could it be a problem with fly by wire type accelerator? the mechanic said there is a mod out changing the original, for a one with gold contacts.

Will have to wait and see.

Oh and for fun, my insurance company wanted £40 extra, and to put my excess up by £100 to drive a 1.2expression courtesy car for 4 days :mad:, needless to say, i told them to stick it somewhere dark!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Could be the fly-by-wire throttle actually...

Does it feel like youve just jumped off the gas pedal though?

For the revs to drop though Id say it was most likely an igintion based fault.

If your under 21 renault will insure a courtesy car wont they? Well they do at my dealership.

Also tell the insuracne company that its for waranty work. They usually insure it for free if its for warently work. If the cars in for service then they charge you.

EDD

rich-D - sort of feels like ive jumped off the pedal/backfire without the bang!

The dealer wanted £10 a day (i think a day) for me to be on their insurance. Oh well shanks pony for me!!

Got my car back yesterday, apparantly spark plugs on cylinders 2 & 4 were breaking down, so they have replaced entire set, also changed my rear silencer?? Anyway, didnt cost anything, going to scotland on monday, so see if problem re-occurs.

Thanks for your help dudes....

Big piles of giant horse cr*p.

As soon as I got the car at a steady speed the bloody problem re-occured! car is with renault now!