ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Steering Grief

Ho ho ho and all that festive action.

I was wondering if I could pick peoples brains on an issue I have with my power steering. Last month it was whining, so I topped up the fluid. however yesterday it had started to whine again, I checked the fluid again and it seemed really low. Its pretty clear I have a leak somewhere. Upon a quick inspection it doesnt look obvious as to where its leaking from. Do these cars have an RPM regulator switch (I had a subaru that leaked from this area once), if so where is it located? Or are there any obvious things I should be checking? Aux belt was done about 10000 miles ago.

Thanks

Martin

Laguna sport tourer
there is a pressure switch some where on the HP side not sure where as i havn't looked. no doubt someone will be along in a mo with the answer

found the problem, got it on a friends ramp and discovered power steering hose had a hole in it. what an absolute pig to change it though, Renault recommend you drop the engine to change it. I now have no skin on my knuckles........................