ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering leak, potential places to look?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I have a leak somewhere in the system. It appears to only leak when the steering is being used. For example, I filled the reservoir and drove to st albans (motorway) and it only lost a little bit. Then did some maneuvering around town, three point turns ect and it lost everything visible in the tank. Filled it up again, hen drove home (motorway) and it only lost a little again.

I have checked the pas switch as indicated in this photo but its dry:
064.jpg

Is there another switch somewhere to check? Or are there any other obvious places to be looking based on the symptoms?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I've always thought when looking at it that the section of pipe that is under the airfilter and bolted to the front gearbox mount looks a bit vulnerable. I'd take a look there first. After that check where it passes over the gearbox (difficult to see without using a mirror).