ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power steering leak

RenaultSport clio 172 exc
steering fluid is leaking from my car somewhere. is this a common fault? and any ideas where it would be coming from....

cheers

BMW 535D
Mine also leaks - not been under and had a look where its coming from yet, would be interested to see if any more people have had same problem.

well dude i will be having a tentative look under the car tonight so will let you know if i see anything obvious as no doupt being clios the problem will be symilar.

I read a post stating that it is where a particular hose fitting is. (apparently 180 to replace) so i guess i will start there.

fricking cars grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr just spent 700+ getting it through an mot.......

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its the hose/pipe as it moves round the gearbox

Some people have been resourceful and made their own up.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
The one on my cup leaks a little, but never enough to leave fluid on the floor under the car, i was told to just leave it, but keep an eye on the levels.

You will prob be able to get one made for cheaper. if it is the pipe, i would guess that if you take it off and take it with you as a refrence, you can get one made. At the place i used to work we used to have to replace similar pipes on the JCB's all time. It will prob still be expensive but less than from renault!!

yeah, oh my quick inspection under the car it seems to be (looking towards the front) on the left hand side just and is a noticible pipe. The drip is coming from the metal coupler but that could just be as that sits at the lowest point.

past caring that this is prob going to be another expense........ still love the car. haha

blue cup 172
just got a cup 172 a few days ago. still tryin to work out al its probs it has!lol!
i have a power steering leak, its coming from the hose that connects to the pump, the low pressure side. if your looking underneath the car it is on the drivers side at the front under the alternator. the pipe on mine is held with a hose clip. i have shortned the pipe by 20mm n tightned it back on with a jubilee clip! jobs a good un! had to clean oil from everything as it had been blown all ova so couldnt realy tell at 1st where it was from.

right just for others,

ha it into the garage and yeah its that same pipe as everyone seems to have probs with and its about 180+ from renault to replace........

fricking nonsence but hey, what ya gona do?????

its about 180+ from renault to replace

£180 Ouch...

I have same problem on my 182, I will try shortening the hose first.

2 supplimentary questions:

If I drain the fluid completely and refill with new ATF will I have problems with air in the system (if yes, will this just go away with use) ?

What colour fluid should I use, I seem to remember there are two colours of fluid and you shouldnt mix them. My level has dropped to the point where I cant see the colour.