ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering pulley come loose help.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Hi all took the car on a track day today and it all of a sudden lost power steering after a lap or two so came in and knocked it off straight away, it looked as though the belt had slipped off the pulley but later realised the pulley had worked loose.

The three little 10mm bolts are still in the pulley and I managed to prise it back onto the pump and drove the 20 miles home fine, but it's a definate issue and needs sorting

How has this come loose? And more importantly what's going to need changing to sort the issue?

Read a couple of horror stories about these going and killing the cambelt which is my main worry so need to get it sorted asap, can anyone shed a light for me please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Sounds like the perfect time to do a electric ps mod to me... Read up on here, not too much work involved from my reading

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Could do tbh, I want to fix myself so just want to do whatever is easiest repair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk