ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Steering

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Think the power steering pump is on its way out. well dead. when i turn the wheel sounds like there is a cat traped in there. Anyone changed there pump? if so how or has anyone had it done and how much??????????????

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Come on Someone must no what if wrong with it. im getting really stressed with it. i can here airin the system i think but ive been turning the wheels left to right witht the car off all day and its not coming out. is there a bleeding bit for it? someone must have some idea. Come on people its startin to piss me off now

clio 20v

until its stops working id leave it there all noisy mines really bad

a s/h pump from a breakers is probably still gonna be noisy an i expect a new pump aint cheap depends how much it annoys ya

adi

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Well it sounds like its really bad. Like when i put it on full lock i can hear it with the music up full and the windows up. Think its guna have to be a new 1. Do u no if they are an arse to fit?

Mine is the same, really noisy but i can only notice it mostly when i first start the car up, or when i have full lock on.

Think i may leave mine to expensive.

Clio 1.8 16v

yeah mine did this so i just filled my power steering pump fluid up right to the top n its fine now does not make a noise,used to sound as if there was air in the steering wheel when i tured it slow but its fine now give it a try u have nothin to loose

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

yer i opened up the bit where u top the fluid up and it was well full so i emptyed it a bit. i think there might be air in it. i might just empty all the fluid out and refil it with new stuff. yer its worse when the car is cold. not as bad when warmed up.

They are all really noisy and I have heard new ones can start a wee growl after only six months. Just leave it till it actually goes, check the aux belt is tensioned ok