ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PowerCable help in 172

Ziel Nurburgring

Hope you all had a gooe weekend! Anyway, Saturday afternoon and im on the drive trying to wire in amp etc. Dad asks how its going, "Easiest car ive ever tried to install" i reply! How wrong i was, the rcas and remote lead are in and easy to run but how the Funk are you supposed to get the power lead from the battery to the boot. The problem is getting from the cabin to the engine bay, i cant see anything in the bay.

Someone said about running it throught the same place as the bonnet release, but without ripping out the sound deadening and removing the radiator bottle and the brake fluid bottle(Ithink its that), how you supposed to do it?

yes, remove the bonnet release cable, drill through it, feed cable through, replace grommet

it really is easy

Drill through the bulk head stick your cable through then seal it. I used bathroom and kitchen seal, oh yeah then I covered the lot with no more nails. :D

Clio 172 Ph2

On mine, the alarm cables had already been pushed through the bonnet release grommet so it was easy to just slide the 4 guage power cable through. You can stick you hand down inside the engine bay behind that cover and just pull the cable up. No need to remove anything.

Theres a hole under the steering wheel, at the back further up from the pedals. Well there is on my 1.2 anyway...

Just wrap the wire around a stick or somthing and hoy it through. It will pop up in ur engine bay

I used the same hole as bowman, found it very handy indeed as no drilling required, it just goes down the drivers side but you just run all the other stuff down the other side.

Pete

Ziel Nurburgring

Was the easiest thing in the end. if you pull the carpet away the grommet is there on the on the left. All wired in and sounds fantastic. Recommend the MacAudio 225 for anyone wanting a little bass but not wanting to lose the boot space.