ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex ARB bush advice/help

LY Megane R26
Hi guys,

So I finally got myself some powerflex arb bushes. Thought I'd have a go at fitting them earlier today. I got the outer bushes on not a problem, well was a little diddly and the old bolts and nuts were a pain so replaced to make it easier to out together.

But I'm having some trouble with the 2 inner ones.
Ive got the bushes in place and the 2 cups that hold them in place positioned etc. but I'm struggling to get the bush compressed enough to allow to get a bolt in? Although by this point in the afternoon I was a little short on patience lol. So thought I'd wash the car and call it a day, for a nice fresh start tomorrow.
I just wanted to know if anyone had any tips or advice, or some methods for me to try to get it all together.

Also while I'm on this subject. Has anyone got any pics of their powerflex outer arb bushes? I just don't know if mine look right how they are fitted. I'm not sure if I've got the bushes seated right? Just want to see how other people's are. Or will it sort it's self out once I've lowered the car on the ground again?
Ill get some pics of mine tomorrow morning.

Also if their is anyone local to Nuneaton that I could look at their arb bushes or you could pop by mine to take a look that would be even better :) their would be a nice brew and some biccies in it for anyone who does stop by haha.

Thanks
Chris

Impreza Wagon
Iirc you can use longer bolts on the inner arb bushes to pull it all together. If not some mole grips, I've not personally done it but read a few threads.

LY Megane R26
Hi mate how are ya?

Thanks for the reply, I'd found a few threads but twy just suggested what you mentioned, but I wasn't sure if there was any other methods other people had found useful.

Got the job done now though, took a bit of brute force and swearing lol. But my dad had some massive mile grips but they don't lok into place, so I got it where I could and zip tied it lol. The bolt side of things was the awkward bit, but longer bolts wouldnt have helped at all, the problem I was having was getting the holes lined up on my own to actually push the bolt through, I could get the clamp close enough to the subframe just not lined up.

Certainly glad I won't be doin them again hahaha.

Also mate, still loving the exhaust :) glad I used the decat too.