ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

powerflex bushes

clio 172
just bought a powerflex bush for the dogbone mount off of ebay..and waiting for delivery.
my question is, will this stop the constant banging and exhaust vibrations at 4k?
any experience on these (inc fitting it!)??

not necessarily as it also depends upon how much wear you have in the other mounts and, also, how the unit is aligned in the mounts (have a look on search as there's info on slackening the four top mount bolts and pulling the engine forward, which can help a lot)

not too difficult to fit although you'll need to be able to press/drift the existing mounts out of the alloy arm

clio 172
WOW!

FITTED THESE TODAY AND MY GOD WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

wasnt too hard of a job to be honest, jack the car up two bolts and the dogbone mount came off. twatted the old rubber bush out and greased the new 1 and just squeezed it in.
loosely fitted it back in and then adjusted the top mounts.

lossened up both top mounts and then used a crow bar(gentley) to pust the mounts forward. tightened up all the mounts and also the dogbone...and now there is absolutely no banging vibrating or stupid noises whatsoever.

best £35 ever spent...it has made me want to keep the car now.!

Hmm nice one mate i will be investing in these in the near future, whats the ride like mate is it harder or the same? I was also looking to get the group n engine mounts but i think that would make the ride to harsh and shakey unless anyone has had experiance.

Audi TT
Karlktm - This sounds pretty promising. Mine makes some horrific noises at times. Fancy helping me do mine sometime when it's a bit warmer to be buggering about under a car?

G

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nah you get both as per the ktec pic :)

Won't cure all knocks, worth getting the main engine one too to get rid of the knocks when giving the engine some stick.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yes the whole thing is the mount. Trust me I've bought one from that exact guy and its the proper kit lol.

Audi TT
Got mine today :)

hopefully get some decent weather sometime soon mate and will be looking to get it sorted :)

G

Nissan 350z
After reading this thread i went to ebay and was about to buy the mount. But given the state of my Clio i didnt want to be let down so i thought "f**k it" and ive just ordered:

The full powerflex kit:
- Front Lower wishbone Bush x4
- Front Anti roll bar mount inner x2
- Front Anti roll bar mount outer x2
- Engine dog bone kit x1
Ebay

Next months mini project lol.

1*4 phhslow
i need the complete set also ... what size is the anti roll bar mount inner though ???
i have a 2002 1.4 if that makes any diff to the size ?