ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex Bushes

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I can get poly bushes cheap as chips and im maybe looking to get them depending on peoples thoughts.

Im looking to get Item 2 & 3 (Front Anti Roll Bar Bushes) for the car but im actually asking myself is it worth it. Has anyone done this mod and what is the feedback. Does it tighten the car up ?

I also already have the dogbone mount .

resize_image.php

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
cheap as chips how much is cheap? lol

Good mod from what I've heard.

I get them very cheap as i now work for a main distributor for power flex.

Im maybe thinking about doing a group buy on the dogbone mount but still in talks with my manager

roll on group buy;) wishbone and arb,

the inner arb bushes are meant to be a nightmare to fit and have heard good things

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Fancy sorting roll bar, wishbone and gearbox mounts on the cheap for mine?

In answer to your question, they're a decent mod and well worth it getting them on the cheap.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'd be interested depending on what you can get them for.

I've already got a dogbone mount, so it'd be nice to have wishbone and arb bushes aswell.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Example -

Dog Bone (Twisted) Engine Mount Bush Kit(PFF60-211K) PFF60-211K will fit Phase 2 Petrol 172 & 182 Sport Models Only.

Price Ex. VAT: £36.25
Price Inc. VAT: £43.50

I paid Under £35.00 Including VAT ;)

Clio 172
My suspension joint told me the ARB bushes are a waste of time as the standard items are fine. Wishbone bushes on the other hand, are worth doing.

Just remember to weld the metal sleeves to the wishbone so they don't pop out on track -_-

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would not be fitting them, I would be getting someone else to do it.

I am not sure about the wishbone bushes as if i was to replace them i would rather buy new arms.

Saying that i can get cheap arms from a motor factors and pop the bushes in

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
You're going to see far greater gains in tightening up the feel of the car with Wishbone bushes than the ARB.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
If your getting them then no 2 is a nightmare to fit, as for feedback i've yet to drive my car since fitting them but from what i've read on the net there very good and tighten up the feel.

Also very hard wearing iirc.

I'd be interested in the dogbone kit if you're thinking of doing a group buy.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
The inboard arb bushes aren't that bad - I'd recommend disconnecting the whole thing, then if you do them first they are easy to tighten up with the aid of a pry bar to close up the bracket

Ph1 172
Just bought ARB bushes - the inner ones are easy enought to fit. However, you need to take a bit of time and the inner brackets need a bit of patience

Im up for a group buy on wishbone & dogbone mount (phase1 172), for sure

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

the inner arb bushes are meant to be a nightmare to fit and have heard good things

In answer to your question, they're a decent mod and well worth it getting them on the cheap.

If your getting them then no 2 is a nightmare to fit, as for feedback i've yet to drive my car since fitting them but from what i've read on the net there very good and tighten up the feel.

Also very hard wearing iirc.

I'd be interested in the dogbone kit if you're thinking of doing a group buy.

Just bought ARB bushes - the inner ones are easy enought to fit. However, you need to take a bit of time and the inner brackets need a bit of patience

Im up for a group buy on wishbone & dogbone mount (phase1 172), for sure

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?619264-Powerflex-Dog-Bone-Bushes

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
May be intrested in ARBS Going to swop mine soon anyway think one is knackered .

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Back after getting them fitted, definitely say it's tightened the feel of the front up nicely. Whether it the poly ones or just getting rid of the old ones don't know but feels much tighter now.

Any more road nose or vibration or harshness in car since fitting ?
thinking of doing this soon but noyt sure if worth goin std or poly ?

Anyone else got them fitted and whats the verdict ???

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Any more road nose or vibration or harshness in car since fitting ?
thinking of doing this soon but noyt sure if worth goin std or poly ?

Anyone else got them fitted and whats the verdict ???

Seem fine so far, no more harshness or vibration. I'll get back to this thread in week or two after more mileage but worth it so far.

2002 Clio 172
I've got all bushes, ktec engine mounts, ktec strut tops, and coilovers. vibration is increased but i love the raw feeling

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Just to give feedback, ARB bushes definitively worthwhile replacing (can't comment if new standard would be much different) but a refresh really tightened things up.

markfishy

ClioSport Trader
  So many but not mine
You're going to see far greater gains in tightening up the feel of the car with Wishbone bushes than the ARB.

Some body see if they agree with what i have found a few years back, Big FLAT tyre lever between subframe and wishbone bush area, (like an mot).
check OE compared to poly bushes ref movement.???
mark

clio 172cup
whats going to be the main differences in replacing the wishbone bushes with poly ones ??? mine need replacing , but not sure whether to spend a bit more and go down the poly route

clio 172 ph2
ive got them all too. had them on my last clio aswell. really worth the money, as long as they are installed correctly