ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PowerFlex Rear Exhaust Mount Bush

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT
Looking for some info
Has anyone fitted these bushes to the exhaust mounts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231905476435?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
i purchased these but have had major issues trying to get the bush pressed into the brackets , i completely removed all the existing rubber and 1st attempt using G clamps i broke the bracket , 2nd attempt using a proper press broke the bracket and 3 rd attempt using a vice and some sockets broke the bracket , this bush would just not press into the bracket :/
i ended up having to remove the lips on the sides of the bush which allowed it to press fit fairly easy , i have contacted the seller of these bushes and he guarantees me that he has sold lots of these with no probs . the instructions for fitting these recons they can be fitted while the mounts are still on the car which i doubt , just looking to hear others experiences with them .
Cheers

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT
IMG_3252 [677500].JPG
IMG_3251 [677498].JPG

clio 182
I've brought the red 1s which I should imagine are the same size. I hope I don't have this problem.

are your brackets original renault? maybe slightly smaller if remake part?? mine are old and rusty

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT
the 3 i broke were all genuine Renault brackets , i finally got them to fit by removing the side lips on the bushes and i had to use the old ebay brackets that were on the car , was getting the exhaust fitted today so i couldnt get new brackets , but thats £22 each per bracket from renault wasted .

clio 182
if you like things quiet owning a clio sport isn't the best start lol
my exhaust swings and bangs like crazy so I had to buy something and the bright red colours hooked me right in haha

if you like things quiet owning a clio sport isn't the best start lol
my exhaust swings and bangs like crazy so I had to buy something and the bright red colours hooked me right in haha
I know a clio sport isn't the best start if you like things quiet so I would not wont to spend money on making it worse.
My rs192 sits in the centre of the cut-outs and will only knock when going over massive dips in the road, but I will fit some washers under the mounts to move it down away from the bumper.

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT
TBH i was fed up buying the replacement brackets off ebay , lucky if they lasted 3 mths at a time , not replacing them in time has cost me a new exhaust as i drove around with the rubber all perished for to long and it ended up ripping the support rod right off the back box :/
i think the red bushes are a little bit softer although i may be wrong and yes that is the lip i removed to get these fitted

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm gonna buy the red ones and some sound proofing for the boot [emoji38]. My exhaust bangs when I shut the boot now so it needs sorting. And it looks s**t being all over the place.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Fitted a pair of red mounts a month ago and had no issues what so ever.

Make sure you remove ALL the old rubber including the stuff from the inner edges and then pop a bit of fairy liquid on and jobs a good'un.

I fitted a red one recently. It took an hours swearing but got it in there come the end. They are tight and not helped by the fact they squash as your trying to press them in. I wonder if it's because you got the black ones and they are solid. I do get a bit of resonance at full chat but adds to the charm, it's a cup after all so I'm not after comfort... Don't be put off as it's a worthy upgrade over the crappy one ones that collapse on themselves.

dan's cast offs.
fitted about 20 or so, all red though, never had an issue. trim old rubber out apart from top, silicone spray and they push in 90% of the way by hand, finish off with small bar to hook the lip in place.

takes longer to get old rubber out than to fit new bush.

Genuine Renault have been on for 4 years and the hangers are not touching the inside of the mount.
Is everyone buying the Chinese knockoffs?

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Didn't know there was a bush, I've always used the Prima Racing exhaust mounts - no issues as of yet

monaco 172
fitted about 20 or so, all red though, never had an issue. trim old rubber out apart from top, silicone spray and they push in 90% of the way by hand, finish off with small bar to hook the lip in place.

takes longer to get old rubber out than to fit new bush.

Bloke, when you say remove all the old rubber apart from the top do you mean literally all of it until its bare metal and then at the top there will still be a mm or so of original rubber?

Any issues with these fitted? Extra noise isn't an issue but I'm finding it impossible to get my ktec stealth to be stealth.. I just don't want to end up breaking any of my exhaust due to the rigidity

dan's cast offs.
Bloke, when you say remove all the old rubber apart from the top do you mean literally all of it until its bare metal and then at the top there will still be a mm or so of original rubber?

yup, that's pretty much it.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I put red ones in mine, scorpion still hangs lop sided!
You will never get a scorpion to sit right. They sound lovely but fitment is a shambles, so is the centre section without flexis. I gave up on my scorpion and wont buy another.