ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflow custom cat back...

182 - Now Cooper S
Hello all

Went down to Powerflow exhausts this morning near me, and got them to price me up an exhaust system, cat back 2 1/2 inch with slash cut tail pipes....£450

What do you guys think? Reasonable or over priced? Will 2 1/2 inch cat back sound good?

Tom

would sound good mate. that sounds a bit expensive.ive got a custom stealth cat back exhaust system from powerflow and cost me 270.00

182 - Now Cooper S
Do you think a de-cat would be better value for money? would it sound good with the standard exhaust? i want that nice raspy sound but £450 is steep.

it would be better value but its the hassle of taking the decat off and putting the cat on annoys me. that why i went for the catback.

Turbos.
Why bother when there are so many off the shelf examples which have been proven?

I would ask what grade of steel they use and how experienced the welders are.

182 - Now Cooper S
Powerflow is renound for being excellent, and their exhausts come with a lifetime warranty. Would a k-tec/blueflame etc be better to get? Are they easy to fit? i have a pit in my garage...

Image016.jpg

cock mobile.
So jealous of your pit!!!!!

Buy an aftermarket system then mate, depending on what you want there are a number of options.

Should be able to fit it yourself easily enough :)

182 - Now Cooper S
sh33n said:
So jealous of your pit!!!!!

Buy an aftermarket system then mate, depending on what you want there are a number of options.

Should be able to fit it yourself easily enough :)

Cheers mate. My dad used to race so im just reeping in the benefits now, i don't live with him anymore or i would ask him or one of his team to fit it.

I want slash cut tails as well...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
get a magnex/blue flame and fit it yourself, better built imo, and send thee spare ££££ to me!

A clio
barley182 said:
Powerflow is renound for being excellent[/IMG]

You sure about that. Everone who i know who have gone throught them have had to go back so many times for welding small holes that appear or other small faults.This is from the Leicester and Swindon branches

182 - Now Cooper S
Really? Sounds like hassle.

Luckily im getting involved in the blueflame group buy now, cat back delivered for £246.

Sounds expensive, but then again, it is classed as a dual exit exhaust, and they charge just over £300 for a single exit cat back... about £140 for a single exit back box... so really isnt too bad, think i would go for a prospeed or blueflame! but im biased! ;)

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yeah the blueflame will be good. Advantage of powerflow is choosing the noise levels and tail pipes etc yourself but for custom made think I'd prefer prospeed. I want your garage!!

182 - Now Cooper S
haha yer its cool, the pit came in handy for fitting an air feed, and will be even more handy when the blueflame comes through!