ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerline adaptor

Tesla MP3 2021
I use these to send files down to my NAS drive which is downstarirs and connected up to my media player.

I went for the WD ones, as they also act as a switch so once the files are on my NAS, the media player just communicates with the NAS thorugh the actual 4 port powerline.

Obviously, you will have your own use/requirment for them.

I get around 175Mbps

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003YFHD1W/?tag=cliospnet01-21

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?567829-Home-Network-Media-Upgrade&highlight=

Rav4
Cheers Adam,

Was looking at this one too, do all the ports have the same priority?

How are you finding it, streaming the HD content? Kind of the same thing that I want to do. Stream to the PS3 and also the ATV2 from my NVX upstaris in the spare room.

Good stuff,

G.

I use these to send files down to my NAS drive which is downstarirs and connected up to my media player.

I went for the WD ones, as they also act as a switch so once the files are on my NAS, the media player just communicates with the NAS thorugh the actual 4 port powerline.

Obviously, you will have your own use/requirment for them.

I get around 175Mbps

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003YFHD1W/?tag=cliospnet01-21

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?567829-Home-Network-Media-Upgrade&highlight=

Bus w**ker
I've got the 200mb ones, have one into port one as LAN on my router and then one in to a switch for my PS3/360 (because I'm too lazy to get up and swap network cables) and then another in the same room to my PC. Can stream full 1080p HD files from my PC to 360 with no stuttering at all whilst my PC is going full chat on torrents up and down.

Tesla MP3 2021
Cheers Adam,

Was looking at this one too, do all the ports have the same priority?

How are you finding it, streaming the HD content? Kind of the same thing that I want to do. Stream to the PS3 and also the ATV2 from my NVX upstaris in the spare room.

Good stuff,

G.

Yes, I believe they do.

If im honest, streaming started out fine but then on certain larger files (HD mkv) it would judder a bit, even with 175Mbps of bandwidth (apparently this is plenty for such files). So rather than it being it and miss as I say above I now have the NAS drive downstairs which is connected to the WD Livewire switch along with my media player. Everything plays back perfectly now :)

Rav4
Oh that's a shame. The main reason for getting the powerline is to put the NVX upstairs as it's SO LOUD !!

That is exactly what I will be doing HD movies.

Do you think it's an issue with the WD product or simply the powerline adaptor technology itself?

Yes, I believe they do.

If im honest, streaming started out fine but then on certain larger files (HD mkv) it would judder a bit, even with 175Mbps of bandwidth (apparently this is plenty for such files). So rather than it being it and miss as I say above I now have the NAS drive downstairs which is connected to the WD Livewire switch along with my media player. Everything plays back perfectly now :)

Tesla MP3 2021
Oh that's a shame. The main reason for getting the powerline is to put the NVX upstairs as it's SO LOUD !!

That is exactly what I will be doing HD movies.

Do you think it's an issue with the WD product or simply the powerline adaptor technology itself?

I honestly dont know mate. When researching the net, the bandwidth I was getting from WD Livewire should have been plently but something was clearly wrong as it was struggling to play back the larger HD files.

It may be a case of installing a set with "upto" 1000Mbps throughput and hoping for the best lol. It depends alot on your own house wiring aswell. You never know, it may work perfectly for you!

Just to confirm my findings, I have some "none" HD content on the NAS drive aswell i.e avi files which I can play back fine via my Xbox 360 which is upstairs connected wirelessly to the router the Livewire switch is connected to. So bandwidth must be an issue!

DCi
I couldn't get decent streaming when my ps3 and NAS were on opposite sides of the power line although it did go like this

NAS - crappy sky router - powerline ~~~~powerline - switch - ps3

I'm wondering if this would be quicker :

NAS - switch - powerline ~~~~powerline - switch - ps3

I don't have a handy switch to try - instead I moved the NAS into the PS3's switch and it's 10-13Mbps :D