ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pranged my valver - not happy

Should have been wiser, really wet roads and I lifted off a little and never got it back (Bald back tyres, brand new rainsports on front, probably did not help), ended up through a fence and in the middle of a field. Was lucky missed all the really solid things and have got away with minor scratches to all panels, including roof (fence went over car), shattered passenger wing, broken back light, both front indicators, dent on back wing, and my new K-Tec exhaust was well bent although have since got it straightened. New wing from Reno was £36 which was pleasing (surprised nobody fits them to non flared arche model Clios), with indicators £8 each from andyspares.

However wee question, I am now thinking of claiming off my insurance for a change, but I got a speeding ticket with three points a while back and never mentioned it to insurance co. Will that come back and bite me in the ass if I claim. As my friendly local bodyshop says they will sneak on new rear arches and other stuff (not caused by going off) onto work if insurance are going to pay, might get car resprayed, wee freshen up. What you all think?

Also have photos of car and fence/field if anybody wants a laugh (nowhere to host them myself)

Alex M

Nice one got suss of uploading pictures, never played with it before, you can see how jammy I was, not much damage for going off a B-Road at 70 arse first. Just not sure whether to chase insurance, need to check my excess

Alex M

Yeah everybodys been saying that to me, wire fence and fairly flat grass is what I hit, but another 20 yards up the road there is a drop into a river of about 50 foot. The pain in the arse is all the marks you cant see in photos (i have a sh*t digital camera), fence scratched all over the place and its gone to be hellish getting them all out. Mate in bodyshop wants to go to town, especially if I claim insurance on it, could even sneak a snazzy bodykit on the fly, just not sure what to do. Bright side is I had to heat my new K-Tec exhaust to straighten it, but at least it fits perfectely now, whereas before it wasnt quite right.

not talking about your car specificly as i have no idea what its like but two rear arches would be a write off for most 16vs, its veryu very expensive to replace if done properly, from the pics i can see i would say the car is fine.

i enjoy my car far more now i abuse it and treat it as a work horse the when i washed it 3 time s weeks and never drove it!

clio 20v

jesus maff looks like some1 took a tin opener to the roof

dunno how fast i was goin, too fast obviously lol

was in 4th gear anyway and was givin it some, the car didnt want to corner at that speed with a dodgy torsion bar i hit a tree and rolled into a ditch which had some large rocks in there too

adi

NO WONDER INSURANCE PREMIUMS ARE SO HIGH> Glad you are not hurt and more importantly, no one else!!

Sorry I cant give sympathy for your pathetic driving skills. The EXCUSE of new tyres does not mean a thing, just poor driving.

Sorry mate...... (reality check)

I do not mean to be offensive, or negative, (one day you nor your children will face something like that, except???????????????

Mark

I always thought this board was non PC, you see quite a lot of clios smashed, my local scrappy says there is loads of them, just no willys or valvers

Well after all that, insurance company wish to write my car off as a class C. Probably go for it as I will be able to buy it back. However want some advice on what they are offering me for it. They are offering about £2400 for my M-Plate valver which is clean but not quite mint, but in very good mechanical order. After I buy car back of them, pay excess etc, I will be left with about £1500 and my valver back. Given ther car is mechanically unaffected and I have already bought new wing and lights, do you think I should accept this and fix car cheaply myself. Thanks for any advise

seems like a god idea, but could you live with the fact that you are driving around in a write-off??

would it not have to go on a Q plate??

Na its class C, to take it off the register the guy at insurance says all I have to do is present them with an MOT for car. Amazing what they write off, have a scan at links for pictures above, and see, no mechanical damage whatsoever, what you think of price they are offering me.