ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pressure Bleeding the Brake System - what PSI??

Mercedes SLK350
If you are using a Gunsons Eezi-Bleed, connect the adaptor to a wheel valve with about 20 psi. I'm sure that is what I used last time.

I always place the bottle in a carrier bag just incase there are any leaks or mishaps.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like big lee says . The eezi bleed kit recommends you use 20psi . If you want to use 10 psi it will be fine .

Clown Car
I always place the bottle in a carrier bag just incase there are any leaks or mishaps.

Now if you had put a bag around the reservoir, then brake fluid would probably not have sprayed everywhere in the engine bay because you did not fit the cap on the reservoir properly.:rasp:

Mercedes SLK350

Now if you had put a bag around the reservoir, then brake fluid would probably not have sprayed everywhere in the engine bay because you did not fit the cap on the reservoir properly.:rasp:

But it was your car not mine.

If it had been my car, I would have applied pressure without the brake fluid in the bottle, (dry run so to speak) to check for leaks.

And I would have not tipped the brake fluid bottle over, most expensive fluid change ever. :rasp: