ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pressure Washers....Worth it?

Megane R26
Was thinking about getting one today, because im a lazy sod, also dad was talking about one for the patio. Any ideas on these? Do's and Dont's etc.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
They are awesome for the patio / walls / sleepers etc.

Carefull not to hit grout and lose stuff cause it will just churn it up.

Not much help on teh car, good for rinsing from a distance, don't want to be to close incase of flaking the paint. They dont remove brake dust etc under there own power.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Pressure washers can still be used in a hosepipe ban.

unless you have a drought order.

106 GTi
Are you allowed to wash your car with one under the ban thought it only allowed you to clean down pavements etc?

You can also run pressure washers of a barrel or drum of water in hosepipe ban areas to do your car.

I dont use mine much to much hassle getting it all set up !

BMW E46 330i Touring
Would they seriously be able to find out!?!

Uh, I mean, they WILL find out... they see all.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I wouldn't be without my pressure washer , i've had one for about 10 years . Cheap as chips now .

Blast off any loose dirt first .

Then run a length of hose from a large container , like a 25 litre fermenting bin , fill it with water and a couple of capfuls of shampoo = lots of suds :)

Then just wash as normal with the 2 bucket method .

3Small.jpg

2Small.jpg

1Small.jpg

I usually spray the alloys with fairy power spray and leave to soak for 10 mins while i set it up . Then power wash the wheels and they come up a treat . Especially if they been waxed or protected with AG super resin and EGP , or Wheel Guard from carwashnwax . Just tried the Blue Rim Wheel Cleaner that i won from carwashnwax . I can recommend this as well . As soon as i sprayed it on all the brake dust started to run off the wheels .

http://www.carwashnwax.com/

Last edited: