ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pretty Cool Caddy Van

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is it the red one on CH's?

(I'm on my phone, takes ages to load)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nah, Black one from Heavenly Detail, on Rotiforms or some pisch like that... RS4 seats you need to see though. ;)

Gally i hate you as i didn't have the balls to order the V60 in that colour , that hide looks exactly like the volvo beachwood does in real life and the saville grey is about the same as the outside ...... oh what have i not done :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Very cool van, although not much use as a van when you cant throw an oily engine in the back etc cause you are too scared of staining the carpet so its lots a bit of utility really.

I appreciate the look/work but a van that clean and impractical seems about as pointless as owning several cars and taking the train to work lol

I appreciate the look/work but a van that clean and impractical seems about as pointless as owning several cars and taking the train to work lol

ok turkish

my mate gets the train to london every day (our clio is his old station car but he now has an old honda CRV) but he owns this lot , tell me if its pointless, and the one next to the 599GTO is his newly acquired 288GTO
and the spyder is a 16M

View attachment 88187View attachment 88188View attachment 88189View attachment 88190

i think having nice cars and going to work on the train depends where you live and where you are going too

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gally i hate you as i didn't have the balls to order the V60 in that colour , that hide looks exactly like the volvo beachwood does in real life and the saville grey is about the same as the outside ...... oh what have i not done :(

If you check back in that thread you'll see my leather suggestions. ;)

ok turkish

my mate gets the train to london every day (our clio is his old station car but he now has an old honda CRV) but he owns this lot , tell me if its pointless, and the one next to the 599GTO is his newly acquired 288GTO
and the spyder is a 16M

i think having nice cars and going to work on the train depends where you live and where you are going too

Pedantry of the highest order. There will always be exceptions to the rule and no doubt plenty of city bankers have an underground garage stuffed with toys and commute but clearly the comment went over your head.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That is stunning! Loving the thought out interior too.

Stunning, love it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Was it intended as a dig at Laura or something then Turkish?

TBH made no sense to me at all or anyone else who has ever worked in central london, cars are just useless in london compared to the train.

I would imagine porkie probably gets the train into work everyday for example despite owning an F430 and mega power westy and lots of other cars

Personally I own cars/vans for several reasons:
Doing trackdays
Being useful workhorses for carrying stuff about
Travelling places
Commuting

Train is a perfectly valid substitute for the last one IMHO, just not good for the first 2 and a bit so-so for the 3rd one.

Swift Sport
There's definitely something weird going on with van owners, especially VW van owners...

199228_10151007820571213_312138778_n.jpg

This one belongs to my mate, and it's his pride and joy. He uses it for work, yet he spends a fortune on it!

Pedantry of the highest order. There will always be exceptions to the rule and no doubt plenty of city bankers have an underground garage stuffed with toys and commute but clearly the comment went over your head.

i know people who don't have city banker money (my mate isn't a banker either ) and use the train .....

i have a collection and often use the train too ....

If you check back in that thread you'll see my leather suggestions. ;)

i know .... and for various reasons the order was confirmed with slight changes and i twice had the chance to change the colour , every time i wanted to , and played safe ......

in reality it was more due to me not wanting another basically black car as they all have been for ages and i fancied a change (apart from my current volvo which is motorway patrol white LOL but i inherited that last year to shift on a black audi)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
IMO car's don't get any better looking than that. Lucky guy!

i am sure they do ...... but i think the 288 was silly money as it was ..... its one of those not mentioned things .....

i have Andrews station run car after he threw his toys out of the pram with a misfire the garage couldn't cure .

our fleet is as pikey as it gets compared to his.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'll make sure I compile a list of specific caveats following a statement to keep everyone happy in future.

Welcome to CS.

Dissecting comments and criticising every eventuality since 2000.

Welcome to CS.

Dissecting comments and criticising every eventuality since 2000.

wouldn't be any fun otherwise ........

though having a car and getting a train to work is something thousands do and isn't in any way stupid or pointless

should have just posted Laura's aston !!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Am I the only one that reads through that thread and thinks

"Jesus Christ, it's a f**king van, it's meant to be battered, bruised, covered in s**t and feature a copy of The Sun on the dashboard. What is the point in this?!"

Looks great nonetheless though. I do like it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

"Jesus Christ, it's a f**king van, it's meant to be battered, bruised, covered in s**t and feature a copy of The Sun on the dashboard. What is the point in this?!"

I think you have to take it in context though, depends on your job if turning up in a battered van is bad for your image or not.
If you are a mobile valeter for example, its going to give a bad impression.

I think you have to take it in context though, depends on your job if turning up in a battered van is bad for your image or not.
If you are a mobile valeter for example, its going to give a bad impression.

to be fair that goes for most jobs that require turning up in a van

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
to be fair that goes for most jobs that require turning up in a van

Depends if you are dealing straight to the public or not I guess?
If you are a contract builder working on a new build site for example, the foreman isnt going to care what state your van is I would imagine, but if you turn up at someones house to do building work and look more professional im sure it helps?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Yes.

My van is kept cleaner than my car.

Newer Vans cost upwards of £10,000 and people treat them like s**t, yet will spend the weekend polishing their £5000 hot hatch. Mental.

Depends if you are dealing straight to the public or not I guess?
If you are a contract builder working on a new build site for example, the foreman isnt going to care what state your van is I would imagine, but if you turn up at someones house to do building work and look more professional im sure it helps?

yep twas what i was meaning , then again lots of big companies feel the same , even with vans on site , its company image .

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes.

My van is kept cleaner than my car.

Newer Vans cost upwards of £10,000 and people treat them like s**t, yet will spend the weekend polishing their £5000 hot hatch. Mental.

Agreed, im looking to get a van early next year, probably a high top SWB movano and Ive been just browsing recently to get an idea of what is about and its shocking the state that some vans are in even though they are 05 plate etc which in car terms would be mainly pretty mint vehicles.
Obviously they do get used harder than a car, but it doesnt mean they cant be looked after too.

Swift Sport

I see your point, yes. Not sure about the neglect but I don't personally think a van is worthy of that much attention and dedication. My opinion only.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Agreed, im looking to get a van early next year, probably a high top SWB movano and Ive been just browsing recently to get an idea of what is about and its shocking the state that some vans are in even though they are 05 plate etc which in car terms would be mainly pretty mint vehicles.
Obviously they do get used harder than a car, but it doesnt mean they cant be looked after too.

Sam's just bought a Vivaro and its a 55 plate done 90,000 miles.

You should see it, its like brand new! One owner, had seat covers on all its life, floor mats, the ply lining in the back is unmarked.... A proper one off for tidyness!

He's got a SWB Medium roof master he's going to be getting rid of if that's any good? shat its fuel pump. 2 owners, only done about 56k iirc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sam's just bought a Vivaro and its a 55 plate done 90,000 miles.

You should see it, its like brand new! One owner, had seat covers on all its life, floor mats, the ply lining in the back is unmarked.... A proper one off for tidyness!

He's got a SWB Medium roof master he's going to be getting rid of if that's any good? shat its fuel pump. 2 owners, only done about 56k iirc.

Hmm, will have to have a work with Mike as I know feck all about working on vans TBH mate, so not sure if the pump on one of those is a major drama like it is on most modern cars or not.
Any idea how much he wants for it? Whats the condition like? Is it tall enough to stand up inside without ducking your neck down with the medium roof?