ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pretty Cool Caddy Van

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The problem is the people who use most of these vans don't own them so trash them. I see them daily.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The problem is the people who use most of these vans don't own them so trash them. I see them daily.

True, if its a company van that goes to lots of different people it only takes one or two of them to abuse it and it will end up trashed.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm 5ft 10 and can stand up in it.

Its a big job labour wise we were told. New pump, new injectors, new fuel lines, But parts aren't dear. Local LCV breaker wanted £350 for the lot. Its beyond us (like most stuff! lol) so it was easier and cheaper for him to replace the van than to pay a garage to do it.

I'm sure he's mentioned £1000 to me before. Nice van though, ex british gas and proper tidy. Not battered at all. iirc, its a 54 plate?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Might be interested then.
Can you PM me some pics please mate, rather than us both keep taking this thread off topic.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'll get him to take some this weekend. Its buried in his unit so the pics will be crap!

Leave it with me.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
i have Andrews station run car after he threw his toys out of the pram with a misfire the garage couldn't cure

I think you beat me to that actually, i saw it on PH, had a chat with him but he said one of his mates was more than likely going to buy it. Posts quite a bit on PH i think? Was only buying the cup to have a look at his cars lol ...

Re: the van, modding a van reminds me of being 17 and having mates with rs kitted fiesta vans filled with subz. It looks nice, but i dont really get it if it needs to be used for work/get dirty.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
I wanted a caddy van as I do a lot of mountain biking. But like others have said if you had a van that nice you wouldn't want to put muddy bikes etc in it .

I think you beat me to that actually, i saw it on PH, had a chat with him but he said one of his mates was more than likely going to buy it. Posts quite a bit on PH i think? Was only buying the cup to have a look at his cars lol ...

Re: the van, modding a van reminds me of being 17 and having mates with rs kitted fiesta vans filled with subz. It looks nice, but i dont really get it if it needs to be used for work/get dirty.

Dave he posted on facebok and I just said I would have the clio has turned out ok as hazel is claiming 45p a mile driving it .... he is a nice guy with a fab collection of cars both past and present

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Is this the guy who flipped when he found marker pen under the carpet of his VXR from the factory?

Good work but a total waste of a vehicle. It's not a car so it won't be that quick or tidy in the bends yet it's not a van as it has half of Carpet Right in the back.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Good work but a total waste of a vehicle.

Depends what you're going to use said vehicle for. If it's for a vehicle detailing business, then it makes perfect sense to have a tidy modded one that people will talk about.

Mark's a sound chap, know's what he wants and gets it.

He likely thinks all Clios are french s**t boxes that fall apart. Each to their own, fair play to him.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Oh nooo... thats given me far too many idea for my new Caddy... First stop would be some lowering springs or coilovers, which ever is the preferred course for them. Although I went for factory 16 or 17" rims.. I really like the rims on both the OP's post and the 'Pure Grey' van.. yum. I also went for a tailgate too.. rather than a pair or rear doors. ;)

Megane r26
Wouldn't last 5 minutes with me. If it weren't full of mud an gravel off me bike from Cannock chase it would be lugging around parts of cars an tools an trolley jacks from job to job. Nice though.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Depends what you're going to use said vehicle for. If it's for a vehicle detailing business, then it makes perfect sense to have a tidy modded one that people will talk about.

Mark's a sound chap, know's what he wants and gets it.

He likely thinks all Clios are french s**t boxes that fall apart. Each to their own, fair play to him.
Thats not going to be filled with microfibres and a Nilfisk though in all fairness.

As advertisement I'm sure it'll catch the eye but if it's a business proposition it'll take a lot of detailing sessions to recoup the outlay.

Credit where it's due as said however it's a real Jack of all trades in my eyes. And I do agree, Clios are French tin pots hence why I have an M3.