ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Price of this 172 - verdict ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
does seem cheap(ish), doesn't say FRSH though which could effect price, does seem inline with prices though, 02 reg.

well im looking for a manaco blue 172 at the end of feb , looking for an 02-03 plate with 30-40k on it. What do you think iam likley to pay ?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd say it was a little under priced . Should be asking low 6000's imo . I'd get it checked over and a hpi check on it just in case . Private seller , so he might have genuinely under valued it though . If it was from a trader it would be more . I was offered £4000 px for my mk2 172 last week on a new 182 . Told em to kiss my nads ,lol ;)

MrBillyUK !

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Theres a fair few 172s round the 6k +/- price tag at the mo. With low enough miles, i.e. pre cambelt change, its a bargain.

Ad

MK2 FRS
is a competitive price.... if they want a quicksh sale....

You can only go and look... the best sounding cars are not always the best and vice versa.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
cliosport1.216v said:
well im looking for a manaco blue 172 at the end of feb , looking for an 02-03 plate with 30-40k on it. What do you think iam likley to pay ?

Depending on condition . On a 02 anywhere between 7000 and 8500 , 03 plate you can pay up to 10000 , but you don't see many 03's with 30 - 40 k on the clock .

MrBillyUK !

P.S. You don't fancy a silver one do ya ? I might be selling mine in the next couple of weeks . Mk2 172 full fat 47k , fsh etc ..... £6000 or there abouts .

172 Cup
fair price imo and the difference with this one is that it will prob sell unlike the more expensive ones on Autotrader.

clio 16valver
there are alot of 172/182 sports going for about £6-7k now

someone at my work place is selling hers for £7k

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

MK2 FRS
:approve:
Williams-Jr said:
there are alot of 172/182 sports going for about £6-7k now

someone at my work place is selling hers for £7k

constructive!!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
perhaps you could enlighten us on your choice of vehicle 'Williams Jr'

Black Mk2 172
MRBILLYUK said:
Depending on condition . On a 02 anywhere between 7000 and 8500 , 03 plate you can pay up to 10000 , but you don't see many 03's with 30 - 40 k on the clock .

MrBillyUK !

P.S. You don't fancy a silver one do ya ? I might be selling mine in the next couple of weeks . Mk2 172 full fat 47k , fsh etc ..... £6000 or there abouts .

I bought my 03' plate full fat Mk2 172 for £7000 with 8000 on the clock last ausgust its got 13k on it now - cypriot import tho, but full Uk spec , think i got a cracking deal with that no problems at all.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Crackin price that , can't really drive that far in cyprus i guess ,lol . Nothin' wrong with imports imo . They are all made in the same renault sport alpine factory so why do some people have a problem with em ?? Mines imported with uk spec too , come to think of it they are all imported ,lol ;)

MrBillyUK !

Black Mk2 172
True , although some insurance companies wanted me to pay silly money because it was and import think the cheapest quote i got from confused.com was about 2800! So ended up getting a a policy with tesco online - it doesnt ask you to state whether its an import or not lol.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
F*ckin hell , and i moan about paying 470 with adrian flux ,lol .Plus they know its an import cos when i bought it new they wanted the vin number , and they could tell from that it was imported !

MrBillyUK !

Monaco 172 2/468
Sounds well cheap to me that, if it's ok i'd snap it up, I have exactly the same car, 02 172 Monaco, you'll love it :cool:

Burgandy 174 sport t
CupCake said:

dont u just love edidted posts, makes it even harder to guess what the f**k is goin on

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I bought a monoco blue 172 sport on a 53 plate with 19k miles, frsh etc, three months ago for £6800 its immaculate apart from a small dent in the roof, the guy was asking £7250 in the ad.

Think I got a cracking deal on it, it had just had new tyres and the spare was an alloy too. 1 small problem with a coolant switch but it was sorted in a day under warranty.

clio 16valver
CupCake said:

well i drive a naples m reg 16vvalver - so thats my choice of car

plus look at the figures the mk1 valver shape [16v and williams] for a decent one they still hold good value

172 and 182's prices r dropping like flies and are no where near there 'new price' 172's are almost the same price as a decent williams, and there 10 yrs old!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Williams-Jr said:

plus look at the figures the mk1 valver shape [16v and williams] for a decent one they still hold good value

172 and 182's prices r dropping like flies and are no where near there 'new price' 172's are almost the same price as a decent williams, and there 10 yrs old!

Wish i could get hold of a 172 / 182 for the price of a decent Williams like this one ,lol ;);)

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WW...urce=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

MrBillyUK !

172 Cup
Williams-Jr said:

well as i have owned a valver and a 2.0 valver and now own a 172 i can confirm you are chatting total crap!!! the 172 is an awsome car.

Caddy Maxi
a mint example of a williams is about 4.5k and an high/ high average 172 is about 5k!
now tell me you point about being able to afford one and not the other?

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215
yawn!!!!! wheres the cosmetic difference!!! all mark 2 clios look the same!!! u cant differentiate between a dynamique or a 172 on the road if passing by at speed! at least with williams and the valvers we have presence and style!!!!

clio 16valver
yup
there is obviously a logical explaination for why after 10 yrs williams'/valvers still hold very very good value and 172 prices are falling by the day!

i can only think of one reason for that but no point in saying because 172 owners will edit it out

Williams-Jr said:
yup
there is obviously a logical explaination for why after 10 yrs williams'/valvers still hold very very good value and 172 prices are falling by the day!

i can only think of one reason for that but no point in saying because 172 owners will edit it out

Valver prices have hit rock bottom, the cheapest on autotrader is less than £600.
Williams on the other hand will always command a premium for standard good condition models as they were sold in limited numbers and are seen as classics.

172/182 values are falling but this is expected as it is a masss produced car. however they still have good prices (£5000 for a 5 year old hatchback is not bad). Eventually the 172/182 will go down to a residual and it will probably not be that much, However the trophy may be the exception due to the limited numbers made

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
davep24 said:
Valver prices have hit rock bottom, the cheapest on autotrader is less than £600.
Williams on the other hand will always command a premium for standard good condition models as they were sold in limited numbers and are seen as classics.

172/182 values are falling but this is expected as it is a masss produced car. however they still have good prices (£5000 for a 5 year old hatchback is not bad). Eventually the 172/182 will go down to a residual and it will probably not be that much, However the trophy may be the exception due to the limited numbers made

Like davep24 says . The williams was a limited run thats why a really good example holds its price well , the 172/182 was mass produced because its such a good car and lots of people wanted them . Which is good for the second hand car market and all you valver boys with your old 10 year old motors when they finally end up in that scrapyard in the sky . Plus by that time you will be able to afford grown ups insurance ,lol ;) ;) ;)

MrBillyUK !

clio 16valver
grown ups insurance? so a valver is kiddie insurance im guessing? no, 2000 TPFT isnt cheap so insurance isnt a problem.
Affording a 172/182 is not a problem neither, i earn more than enuf to easily afford to buy and run a mk2 clio, but choose not to because the all look the same, which is - well, horrible basically.

Valvers are not cheap, u buy one for 600 couple of weeks down the line u will be spending alot more to get it working again, a looked after valver can go for 1800+, my mate brought his N reg one for 1900, ive seen them got for more than 2 grand, and that isnt someone with more money than sense, its someone who had brought a looked after valver and doesnt want to spend loads on parts. Granted the williams was limited, so forget that for the time being as we can put that in the 'trophy' catagory but valvers hold excellent value for their age, and people are more than willing to pay over 1700 or a decent one. so they have been around for over a decade and still hold good value, 172s been around for 5 yrs [ish] and give them another 5 yrs and they will be cheaper than the valvers.

hence: CACK!

172 Cup
Williams-Jr said:
grown ups insurance? so a valver is kiddie insurance im guessing? no, 2000 TPFT isnt cheap so insurance isnt a problem.
Affording a 172/182 is not a problem neither, i earn more than enuf to easily afford to buy and run a mk2 clio, but choose not to because the all look the same, which is - well, horrible basically.

Valvers are not cheap, u buy one for 600 couple of weeks down the line u will be spending alot more to get it working again, a looked after valver can go for 1800+, my mate brought his N reg one for 1900, ive seen them got for more than 2 grand, and that isnt someone with more money than sense, its someone who had brought a looked after valver and doesnt want to spend loads on parts. Granted the williams was limited, so forget that for the time being as we can put that in the 'trophy' catagory but valvers hold excellent value for their age, and people are more than willing to pay over 1700 or a decent one. so they have been around for over a decade and still hold good value, 172s been around for 5 yrs [ish] and give them another 5 yrs and they will be cheaper than the valvers.

hence: CACK!

you need to grow up a little bit mate. do you just come on here to argue and be ignorant!!?!??!? who cares what valvers are worth anyway, if the guy wanted to know that he would of asked that question but he didnt he was wanting to know about the price of a 172.

clio 16valver
i come on here to see whats for sale
but i didnt post on this thread to start an argument, ever heard of free speech? Then my post was edited so my free speech was taken away, we are all allowed our opinions. Then users started to lay into me for saying it. Someone was to dig into my valver i wouldnt b**ch n moan with them i would just ignore them. So, dont think i need to grow up, u lads need to learn that not everyone out there fahookin LOVES the clio 172's

plus - i thought cliosport was built on arguments? :D

172 Cup
Williams-Jr said:
i come on here to see whats for sale
but i didnt post on this thread to start an argument, ever heard of free speech? Then my post was edited so my free speech was taken away, we are all allowed our opinions. Then users started to lay into me for saying it. Someone was to dig into my valver i wouldnt b*tch n moan with them i would just ignore them. So, dont think i need to grow up, u lads need to learn that not everyone out there fahookin LOVES the clio 172's

plus - i thought cliosport was built on arguments? :D

there are a fair amount of arguments on here i do agree. normally started by ignorant people like yourself who just say what they like when there really is no need! have you driven a 172?? didnt think so! because if you have i think you would change your mind about them and thinking they are cack! i have had some decent valvers ect but after driving the 172 i wouldnt go back to a valver.

Status
Not open for further replies.