ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

price on top mount kits

Clio 172 Cup
think my top mounts have had it, getting a knocking noise from one of the mounts. So i'll replace both of them, whats the price for the kit? cheers

ph1 track weapon
renault quoted my £38 a corner. I think GSF or Euro Car Parts should come in at a fraction of that. need to order mine as theyre knocking like crazy!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Standard ones are quite expensive, depends what you need to replace, but if like me you have to replace some monkey's compbrake things, you need the whole kit, the top nut with rubber, the large rubber ring, the metal inside, and the small nut, it came in at aroud £90

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Euro car parts sell a kit. Includes a set of bearings and rubber doughnuts. £28 I think it was (I got the kit about 2 months ago sorry can't remember exact price) - and they fit right (unlike the GSF version!). Renault charge about £52 +VAT each side for a kit, it includes a four piece set with a new top cup/bolt thing (part number is 7701207806). Buying the doughnut and bearing separately is the same price as the kit.

Clio 172 Cup
which part is normally the failure part? The bearings are ok there fine, i think it's the rubber bit that goes on top of that is looking worn? Does the top bit with the nut on wear out as well? Should i replace that as well? Thanks

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
about £25 a side from GSF for OE manufacturer Ruville, that includes the top bearing aswell.