ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pro-cut brake skimming

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Has anyone used Pro-cut brake skimming to sort their warped discs out?

just chucked some 2nd hand 300mm rotors with alloy bells on the clio and it's now got brake judder warped discs. Yes I could take them off and get them skimmed but it would be good to get them true'd on the car and then it would be spot on.

thoughts please

located near wrexham

cheers
Paul

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
AP 3307 calipers, 25mm thick discs, don't know what offset they are though.
Made them fit under Prorace 1.2 15" wheels without spacers although I've had to use a stud conversion for extra length as the alloy bells are thicker than a standard discs so standard bolts weren't long enough.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I would say warped.
everything has been cleaned up properly before fitting and I'm getting brake judder like its got ABS

172 cup, Impreza P1
AP 3307 calipers, 25mm thick discs, don't know what offset they are though.
Made them fit under Prorace 1.2 15" wheels without spacers although I've had to use a stud conversion for extra length as the alloy bells are thicker than a standard discs so standard bolts weren't long enough.

no worries, thought you'd just fired a set of random 2 piece rotors on. Lol

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Cleaned the discs up again and fitted new pads and its still crap so its booked in tomorrow morning to have the discs skimmed on the car so that should sort it.