ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pro race 1.2 with 205/50/15 on 182

BG182
Recently bought a set of 15" anthracite pro race 1.2's shod in 205/50/15 Rainsport 3's for my 182 cup. Been really chuffed with the way the car handles and looks (pictures will follow when the weather improves, it is the North West after all).

I'm writing this because there's been a lot of discussion regarding 15" offset and tyre size which confused me no end so for anyone considering downsizing like I did here's what's worked for me.

The wheels are et40, and on Eibach Sportlines I have had no issues with rubbing at all. I know I'm not as low as most would like for 15's (unfortunately work car park prohibits me from going lower) but I think 205's help fill the arches.

So if you're after 205 tyres and get told by the wheel distributor that neither they nor the manufacturer recommend et40 (they tried to sell me et35 which I'm presuming would only work with 195 or a lot of camber) you shouldn't have problems.

BG182
As promised although it's still raining

Attachments

• Clio.JPG
    Clio.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 196

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You don't need camber or 195 tyres tyres for ET35. You can run between ET 45-25 with 195 or 205. ET35 is better for clearance all round with shocks, inner arches etc.

BG182
Cheers guys. Love the look of multispokes on a Ph1. Look mint! I know there have been a couple of posts previously with people having trouble with rubbing when running offset lower than et42 (I don't know specific wheel / tyre size 'though). Would be good to see what others have run successfully on a 182 along with suspension and pics. Any takers?