ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

prob with my 16v

16v clio mk1
Hi all i have a little prob with my 1.8 16v it seems like a fuel problem. when i put my foot down hard it cuts out/stalls but if i do it slowly the revs will build up ok any idears ?

ta matty

Could be an air/fuel ratio problem? If it's sucking too much air in and not enough fuel it will die...

No idea what the fix would be though! (or even if I'm right! lol) :clown:

16v clio mk1
all the time, as soon as you start the car.

I am thinking along the lines of maybe blocked injectors, or maybe a bad fuel pump but i cant quite see how the fuel pump will let the revs bild up slowly.

Or it might be cat problem or to be honest any thing ?

much help needed ta matty

colt mirage..valver soon!
this happened to mine, its a quick fix. change the fuel filter, they get too blocked up and wont allow enough fuel to get through. rob

super smooth, low corsa c
i dont know how it changed the car but it did work on my car. not sure if it will work on yours. some one said to do it and i did, it only cost me £5 to have it done:)

I had the same problem with my valver, changed the fuel filter, plugs, didnt make a difference. But soon as i changed the leads it sorted the problem, so could be your leads that are nackered.

Skoda Fabia vRS
it could be a few things

fuel filter is probably the cheapest so id do that first, its very common for it to be forgot about so it probably needs changing anyway