ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

probably a silly question but...

2002 clio 172
took my car to get wheels refurbished yesterday (friday)
standard ph2 172 wheels.
not the centre caps wont go back on?
screw the screw as far as it'll go but its like they need screwing another cm, the caps are still loose as hell but the screw end is touching the brake discs.
is there normally spacers fitted that havent been put back after my wheels have been fitted or am i missing something obvious?
you can probably tell i know nothing about cars.
thanks in advance for help.

2002 clio 172
IMAG0795.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

here's a pic.. the screw is in as far as it'll go.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Odd. Have you checked to see if there is any paint inside stopping it from sitting flush?

2002 clio 172
Odd. Have you checked to see if there is any paint inside stopping it from sitting flush?

yeah, looks just like before they were refurbished. its like theyve mixed the screws up n these f*****s r too long!
ive emailed the wheel place cos they were closed by time i realised so will see what they say.

2002 clio 172
Yeah that's what I thought. My mate said the screw was touching the brake disc tho? I haven't looked myself cos it's been pissing down all day but will check tomorrow. Thanks for replying.

2002 clio 172
Just been outside with a torch, no paint at all inside the screw hole. Do the standard wheels have spacers?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I really can't imagine they are hitting the brake discs as you wind them in, they are probably bottoming out in the hole.
iirc it's only a M8 bolt/thread anyhow.

2002 clio 172
So do I get shorter bolts? I don't understand how they were fine yesterday morning and now it's like they're too long.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They look like the right bolts in the picture.

I'll bet a quid to a chip of s**t that there is something in the bottom of the hole preventing them going in properly.

2002 clio 172
They look like the right bolts in the picture.

I'll bet a quid to a chip of s**t that there is something in the bottom of the hole preventing them going in properly.

I'll have to take the wheels off tomorrow and have a look mate. Thanks.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
You won't need to take the wheels off to check, just take the bolt and centre cap off and have a look in the hole.
you may even be able to use a a thin screwdriver and gently break out what's inside and then blow it out, then gently wind the bolt back in again.

2002 clio 172
Pretty sure the bolts aren't right. One of them won't screw in more than half a cm. Another went in fine but same problem and when I was removing it, it went tight as hell.
I'll get on to the place that did the wheels on Monday.

2002 clio 172
you need to run a tap down them.

Thanks mate but they can do it. Paid 300 quid to have them done n had to take a day off work n I'm pretty pissed off. I'm useless with anything to do with cars so would prob end up scratching the wheels or something.

2002 clio 172
Go back to the place that done them and get them to sort the issue then!

Gonna have to. Means another day off work though and travelling to Manchester and back. Seems every job anyone does, never gets done right first time around.

Ph2 172
As said run a tap down them, stop trying to get them to fit as you'll more than likely have them pick up, then your limited knowledge will have you needing more work done. An M8 tap (a #2 or #3, either will be fine) is only a few quid from the likes of Machine Mart and you will have them sorted in 10 minutes.