ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem after Machine Polishing

don't
This has happened twice now, using the porta cable and have finished the job in hand

Anyway, after polishing all seems fine, however a week later when next viewed in the sun you can see reflections in the sun from where the pad has been, not swirls, kind of like where the polisher has gone over, you can see the circles in a line where I’ve used the polisher and moved across the panel

Its not ruined the paint, a going over with AG srp by hand the week after cleared it all up

Now what is probably causing this:

Too much polish? Not wiping polish residue off well enough after polishing
Spending too long before moving the polisher across the paint
It being too hot or the car in the sun when I’ve been polishing

I usually use poorboys 2.5 and then finish with a quick going over with some klasse all in one

I think when this has happened its been on the occasions I didnt finish with the klasse

Your refering to whats called buffer trails, although it could be light marring.

Firstly, id use a finishing polish on a SFX polishing pad. I use Menz FF, but id guess youve got Poorboys SSR1. Give that a go as basicall the 2.5 will not leave a perfect finish.

You could be marring the paintwork when your removing the polish residue. Once youve polished the area, spritz some QD and wipe with a MF cloth.

The same could be said for waxing. Hollograms are normally created when there is some wax residue left on the car.

So, its either that you are not using a finishing polish, or your warring the paint when removing polish/wax.

ST
Your refering to whats called buffer trails, although it could be light marring.

Firstly, id use a finishing polish on a SFX polishing pad. I use Menz FF, but id guess youve got Poorboys SSR1. Give that a go as basicall the 2.5 will not leave a perfect finish.

You could be marring the paintwork when your removing the polish residue. Once youve polished the area, spritz some QD and wipe with a MF cloth.

The same could be said for waxing. Hollograms are normally created when there is some wax residue left on the car.

So, its either that you are not using a finishing polish, or your warring the paint when removing polish/wax.

Couldn't have put it better myself!!

So true what you said about some wax can leave hollograms, its mostly the harder waxes that i find leave the most hollograms.

don't
cheers guys that makes sense

it isnt from waxing so I'll remember to always use a good finishing polish and then a good wipe over with the help from some QD

02-buffertrails.jpg

The above image shows these buffer trails mate. Normally associated with body shops who 'mop' the car with G3. What you may be doing is working the polish into the paintwork too quickly. Depending on the paintwork. Start of with 4 passes on speed 4, then 3 on speed 5 and a couple on speed 6. I then normall do a further 3 odd passed on a lower speed to imporove on the finish.

So it could be your turning the speed up too quickly, not giving the polish a chance to break down like its designed to.

^^That pic looks familiar ;)

That pic is actually some rotary buffer trails before I corrected them. With a PC you can instill holograms through not breaking down the polish enough or using too harsh an abrasive or running pad dry. Simple solution is to go over with a gentler polish

and the above pic afterwards

leon-after.jpg

02-buffertrails.jpg

The above image shows these buffer trails mate. Normally associated with body shops who 'mop' the car with G3. What you may be doing is working the polish into the paintwork too quickly. Depending on the paintwork. Start of with 4 passes on speed 4, then 3 on speed 5 and a couple on speed 6. I then normall do a further 3 odd passed on a lower speed to imporove on the finish.

So it could be your turning the speed up too quickly, not giving the polish a chance to break down like its designed to.

What a mess :(

They don't honestly let cars out there premises with paintwork like that do they (bodyshops in general)

^^That pic looks familiar ;)

That pic is actually some rotary buffer trails before I corrected them. With a PC you can instill holograms through not breaking down the polish enough or using too harsh an abrasive or running pad dry. Simple solution is to go over with a gentler polish

and the above pic afterwards

leon-after.jpg

Fair difference, i think if you have somene that knows what here doing it helps :)

Not just a bodyshop apprentice that doesn't give a f**k let lose with a polisher