ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PROBLEM PLEASE LOOK !!!! sorry about pic size !!!!

1.2 clio
i had a look in my engine bay today to do my weekly checks as you do.... and i relised that there was some white stuff over my battery.... :S could think what it was so i turned the engine on to see if anything was leaking... nothing.

i then took it for a spin to find it had come back!!!

this isnt my car but ive got a pic of an engine bay to show you where its coming from ect

IMG_0079-1-2.jpg

where the yellow ring is its covered in this white substance... and the green arrow is pointing hose which has a clip smothered in this white stuff.... my question is what is the yellow ring pointing to and is it bad thats stuff is coming out of it!!! cheers mark

Megane
Your pointing to the thermostat you coolant level looks okay from you pic but think you need to put a better quality picture up

1.2 clio
yeh everything is all goo nothing is low at all.... as said weekly checks r always done.. just done a photo quickly
IMG_0103-1.jpg
the small pipe to the right if u look that the white stuff coming out and the large pipe is the pipe i think its coming from but whats it going to ???

Clio 172mk2
the large pipe goes to thermostat, go if this was leaking ud notice coolant levels dropping

the green pipe uve highlighted is air con pipe,

Golf GTD Mk7
Coolant pipes mate. Looks like the clips not on correctly at the moment though. I meant check the oil for milky look, not level, it's just if there is a leak of white liquid from the coolant pipes there may be more serious issues. It however may just be corrosion on the thermostat housing where it has leaked.

1.2 clio
hmmm nah no coolant level change at all but do u think i could do with a new clip 2 see if it helps?? also i dont have any air con its a cup engine sorry should hav said

E46 M3
You have a small coolant leak from either one of the pipes going into the thermostat housing or the housing itself. The white stuff is where the coolant evaporates to leave a crystiline substance, looks a bit like limescale where it builds up.

I'd drain the coolant, take the hoses off the housing, clean everything up, refit and refill.