ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem with amp

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

i gotta problem my legacy 4ch amp has been fine for months and now every now and then starts crackling and you can hear the alternator sound i.e. as you increase the revs it crackles more then all of a sudden itll stop and then come back music sound is fine and it does it when the h/u volume is on 0 as well i had a check of the wiring today and all seems fine, any ideas???

Dave

Polo + Micra

is the ground tight on the amp?

is it going to a piece of bare metal or a good bolt?

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

had a look today the rca leads where they enter the sub are slightly loose and this causes it

Dave

Polo + Micra

the rca socket on the amp or the rca lead?

my mate had a problem with a socket on his amp before so i took it apart daps of solder and it was good as new:D

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

yeh on the amp the little connectors that the rcas connect to can be pulled out with the leads so im gonna pull the amp out tommorow and sort that out with a dab of solder

Dave