ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with broken fuel pump relay symptom

Hi, hope someone can help so here’s my problem. I’ve read a few of the posts on here after searching and I can't seem to find anything to help.

I was driving to work and everything was fine, suddenly the car broke down (phase 2 Clio 172).

The RAC came and said that it was probably the coil as the light was on and it appeared to be dead.

I replaced the coil and it didn’t work so I towed it to an auto electrician and they replaced the fuel pump relay as it had blown (that seemed to be the problem).

After driving about 20 miles I’m having the same problem (I assume the fuel pump relay has blown again). It seems that this is just a symptom of another fault so can anyone tell me if this is a known fault easy to fix or if I should take it back to the shop.