ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with drivers window. Clio mk2

Renault Clio Alize
Hi all, right I have been having problems with my 2003 clio, the driver's door window just won't work, the switch operates both drivers and passengers window. Passengers works perfectly. Originally it started juddering and then just stopped one day. Ok so I thought it may be the switch or the regulator/motor. I tried one thing at a time and non fixed my problem.

I know the regulator works as I have tried it on the passenger door, the new and old is fine.

So with getting the most basic parts out the way, I thought what's next. Can't be a relay as I have only 2 for the windows, one to up and one to go down. The passengers work so not that, same as a fuse, I have one 30 fuse which operates both. Next is either the wiring or the dreaded uch!!

I have looked at every single plug, every single wire and all looks perfect. I have a old fashion screwdriver looking thing to test wires for a live. I'm not in front of my car atm but of the top of my head there is about 10 wires going into the plug which connects to the switch. I have 2 big fat yellow and 2 big fat yellow and orange, one beige and purple which leads the the motor and a few other colours. Reason I'm naming these wire is because one of the yellow and yellow and orange goes into the side of the passengers drivers switch and the other yellow and yellow and orange goes into the drivers side switch. The passengers ones lights up as lives but the drivers do not. Non of the wires leading to the drivers do not.

Not sure if this is normal?? How many should there be?? Would a multimeter help determine if I have good lives and earth's??

Any help would really be greatful