ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem With New Alloys

I fitted a set of 17 inch alloys to my clio today (they look sweet by the way!). However whenever i steer left I can hear a loud creaking noise from behind me on the right. Any ideas what it could be and how it could be solved?

Make sure the wheels are doen up tight, get someone to make sure the wheel aint rubbing on thr arch when you turn

Ill go and make sure they are done up tight. They are a set of Fox 4 in 17s but I bought them second hand off a mate with the same model clio as mine. His car was lowered 35mm but there was no rubbing at all with 5 people in the car and a full tank of petrol. Mine isnt even lowered and it happens when im on my own in the car so i doubt its rubbing. Any other possible reasons?

B

Bennyboy

Its probably rubbing on the rear o/s inner plastic arch. It sticks out a bit more than the n/s because of the petrol filler pipe. It would rub even with just me in the car. I cut it and now its fine.